11/1/2012 Sub-Varsity Scores

bandkid

Staff member
22-13 Ozen Freshman Over PN-G Freshman Purple, 4:32 3rd

PN-G Freshman White apparently doesn't have a game today.

bbmom77

Freshmen came back from behind and won 34-28! These guys were determined to win! Great group of boys full of heart!

bandkid

Staff member
I got the news about the PN-G freshmen comeback win in class, so I couldn't post. This was the biggest test they've seen so far and they not only hung in there and pulled out the win, but did so without a few of the starters they've had this season. Scalp 'em.

badndn

500+ Posts
Down 28-13 with 9:00 left in the game. Scored on ensuing KO return (Cropper) 28-20. Then the defense really stepped up against a very talented Ozen group, especially the QB. Cropper scored again from about midfield, went for 2 and missed 28-26. Then the D held again and after a big pass play on 4th and 10 and a few other nice passes, Morse caught Defense offsides and took a shot to the endzone on a free play hitting Giblin (who went up and got it) for a 20+ yard TD, went for 2 and got it 34-28. Then Meche picked off a pass to seal it. Very good comeback. Good game for these Young Men to be in. Ozen kicked 'em in the gut and they didn't fold up and go home, they responded. Several deffensive standouts, Valentine, Anebola, Meche, Langston and several I didn't know.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Alot of folks on setxsports seem to believe that a freshman record and talent does not reflect on how they will play on Firday nights. However when I look back at some of the great PNG teams most of them had good freshman teams. Intrested in your thoughts??????

TribePride

SCALP 'EM!
prepballfan said:
Alot of folks on setxsports seem to believe that a freshman record and talent does not reflect on how they will play on Firday nights. However when I look back at some of the great PNG teams most of them had good freshman teams. Intrested in your thoughts??????

I can see not putting a lot of stock in a JV team record (some So/Jr's on Varisty etc.) But IMO a Freshman team record can be a good indication of the future. Hope that's the case, because the Indians will be dishing out :punchingbag: in 20-4A!

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
Congratulations to all the young men on the sub-varsity level.

You all have done an outstanding job this year and many of us are looking forward to seeing bright futures for all of you.

For the Varsity team -- keep your head up guys. A true champion is sometimes judged on how they handle themselves in defeat. Giving it your all week in and week out shows character and determination. You should always be proud to be a Port Neches Groves Indian... winning or not. You all are role models to many up and coming youngsters. Never forget that.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
Congratulations to all the young men on the sub-varsity level.

You all have done an outstanding job this year and many of us are looking forward to seeing bright futures for all of you.

For the Varsity team -- keep your head up guys. A true champion is sometimes judged on how they handle themselves in defeat. Giving it your all week in and week out shows character and determination. You should always be proud to be a Port Neches Groves Indian... winning or not. You all are role models to many up and coming youngsters. Never forget that.

+1 IBLEED

Whodat

Freshman performance is ABSOLUTELY a solid indicator of how a program looks for the future. JV is a POOR indicator. I think it's why some were predicting a tough period in the MCM series, due to the Freshman performances/groups Nederland has put together over the past 4-5 years in a row. That tide seemed to turn with this Freshman class. May be in for a tough one again next year in MCM, but I think the upper hand swings when this group of Freshman are Juniors.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores