2009-2010 Football Schedule

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
I dont have a schedule but I do know that we only have 3 away games and all the Houston schools that we play are at home. The 3 away games are Livingston, Lumberton and Central.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Cheermom4 said:
I dont have a schedule but I do know that we only have 3 away games and all the Houston schools that we play are at home. The 3 away games are Livingston, Lumberton and Central.

Wow, that's exciting. Of course, if I were the Houston schools, I would want to play in the atmosphere that is "The Reservation" as well.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
Since we never did play Texas City (I believe it was Texas City) last year, I suppose we could still play them at their place to help even out the Home/Away ratio. But that is just a guess on my part.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Why even it out? More home attendance, ticket and concession sales = $$$ + home field advantage.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
You are right. It would be good to have 7 home games one year but hopefully the next year we won't have only 3 home games. I know that every 2 years a new cycle begins so maybe that wouldn't happen. Anyway, I can't wait to play someone somewhere!

bandkid

Staff member
Well, if you think about it, our only home games this year were Lumberton, Central, and Livingston, so it makes sense that we play them at their stadiums and everyone else at our stadium next year. It's probably just to even things out from this past season. I'm sure things will be back to normal by by the 2010 football season.

Bobcatfan4life

This should be the correct 2009 schedule for PNG. I will post all team schedules on SETXsports at the end of baseball season....

Port Neches-Groves Indians

Aug. 28 Barbers Hill
Sept. 4 Crosby
Sept. 11 Texas City
Sept. 18 OPEN
Sept. 25 Little Cypress-Mauriceville*
Oct. 2 Nederland*
Oct. 9 @ Livingston*
Oct. 16 Vidor*
Oct. 23 @ Lumberton*
Oct. 30 Beaumont Ozen*
Nov. 6 @ Beaumont Central*

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Bobcatfan4life said:
This should be the correct 2009 schedule for PNG. I will post all team schedules on SETXsports at the end of baseball season....

Aug. 28 Barbers Hill
Sept. 4 Crosby
Sept. 11 Texas City
Sept. 18 OPEN
Oct. 2 Nederland*
Oct. 9 @ Livingston*
Oct. 16 Vidor*
Oct. 23 @ Lumberton*
Oct. 30 Beaumont Ozen*

Wow, 5 home games right off the bat! Thats got to be unprecedented. Hopefully we can gain some momentum with this schedule!

bandkid

Staff member
NDNTime said:
Bobcatfan4life said:

Aug. 28 Barbers Hill
Sept. 4 Crosby
Sept. 11 Texas City
Sept. 18 OPEN
Oct. 2 Nederland*
Oct. 9 @ Livingston*
Oct. 16 Vidor*
Oct. 23 @ Lumberton*
Oct. 30 Beaumont Ozen*

Wow, 5 home games right off the bat! Thats got to be unprecedented. Hopefully we can gain some momentum with this schedule!

This is the perfect start for Coach Faircloth's new program.

badndn

500+ Posts
I'd say the early home field advantage is a big plus, but 0-3 keeps poping up! ;D
Hopefully next year we will be 5-3 at home after our first five!

I guess we will see a lot ot purple early in the season.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Bobcatfan4life said:

Aug. 28 Barbers Hill
Sept. 4 Crosby
Sept. 11 Texas City
Sept. 18 OPEN
Oct. 2 Nederland*
Oct. 9 @ Livingston*
Oct. 16 Vidor*
Oct. 23 @ Lumberton*
Oct. 30 Beaumont Ozen*

Thanks for the information.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores