2011 off season football workouts

NDNband69

500+ Posts
I recently received an invitation from Coach Faircloth to see and pass on to the Indian Nation what our kids do in what is called, off season workouts. Nothing prepared me for what Honor, Pride and Tradition means to our next football team. Our Indians are preparing for the 4th quarter NOW!!!! If you could see the effort our kids are putting in now, it would bring a huge grin to all PNG fans. You would see what Coach Faircloth describes as the hardest working team in the State. Half the team works out on the weights while half work on drill outdoors. Mid way thru, they switch. All the coaches stress.....no cutting corners on any workout drill or station.

Some pics from today.
DSCF0594.jpg

I had heard about The Mat.....but now I know what Coach talked about. The 10 toughest minutes of your life!
DSCF0596.jpg

I notice this new mound outside the track.....trying to guess what track event this would be. Football workout.
DSCF0604.jpg

The kids do not stop.....its one station after another.
DSCF0605.jpg

A picture does not do The Mat justice.
DSCF0607.jpg

Agility drill.
DSCF0612.jpg

Heavy duty jump rope.
DSCF0624.jpg

Now for the inside work, the weight room.
DSCF0630.jpg

Weight room cont.
DSCF0642.jpg

At the end of the work out all gather for words from Coach Faircloth.
DSCF0645.jpg

DSCF0648.jpg

Coach Wingfield then gave a great speech about building a house. What it takes to do it right, cutting no corners.

I hope this puts a smile on all Indian Fans. What our kids are working towards is amazing.
After all this.....the kids still have one more drill of push-ups. I'll have a 20 second video of it later.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
My son has a t-shirt with that statement. It has a muscular football player with the words blended in. They picked them up at Rip Graphics he said ! They look awesome. I like the motto ! says to me they mean to take care of business and not let up even in off season ! They want to win and not look back ! Proud of these boys and how hard they are working. The coaches are awesome with their motivation and pushing the team harder and harder. Can't wait till Spring ball to see what all we have for next year !

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
NDNband69 ... thanks for the pictures and giving Indian fans something to discuss until Spring football gets here. Your participation on this message board and the content you contribute, along with others like pngfan66 and '93, is greatly appreciated. You are rising to the top of PN-G's Mount Rushmore. Gracias, Merci, Thanks.

I can't wait to see the return of the RB Bertrand, the new QB, the return of Nelson and some new WRs, and our much improved secondary during the Spring season. I'm good with the new motto ... never an off season ... there's football season, spring football season, and the 7 on 7 summer season. OK ... mix in some baseball to break up the routine ... back to football. ;D

Go Indians. Peace.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I like the new 'State Champs' and 'District Champs' signs in the weight room. :thumbsup:

DSCF0645.jpg

Can someone tell me what the quote says under the Strength & Conditioning sign in the weight room. My old eyes just can't make it out. Maybe we should get shirts tht say the Wooo Whooo ladies don't have an off season either.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Championships are won teams who embrace hard work, and have the discipline to tolerate discomfort.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
And to expound on that... Success is achieved by those who embrace hard work, and have the discipline to persevere. Story of a lot of our lives.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
Thanks for the pictures and the inside track on what's going in preparation for next season. One can only begin to imagine the honor, pride and tradition in that weight room seeing the records of years past and the hopes of the guys working out there that their year will be placed on the honor wall in December. Everyday is a great day to be an INDIAN ! Woooo Whoooo !

NDN4EVA

I believe these videos do not do the offseason justice. The off season is really hard and pushing every athlete each day. They do not get any breaks for water and busting their tails non-stop. I think this is the hardest working team in the district if not in the state or nation.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Your right. They even took the off season training up a few more notches per my son. These boys are working extremely hard. I think they know they can do what is asked of the coaches. My son says they want to go deeper in the playoffs next year than they did this year. Hard work is paying off. Alot of these boys have gotten alot stronger, faster and more quicker. My son says we have some players in the 4.49 range on the 40. I'm glad that the coaches push these players so hard. Can't wait for the Spring football practices to start. Should be fun to watch and see what we have for next year.

NDN4EVA

I know for a fact that one reciever went from a 4.7 to a 4.55 just from last year and that reciever set records last year. The sand pit in my opinion is the best improvement from last year in the offseason. I know they are working hard and will get the job done. The students will go beyond anything to get further than this past year. Yes, three deep in the playoffs is awesome, but going to the state game will help give some of our athletes that much more of recognition. Keep up the great work in offseason and get them next year.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores