2014 Season

NDNThunder

Has Faircloth released the 2014 football schedule? Bob West mentioned in Sunday's PA News that we will be playing at Nederland again this year.

Indian03

100+ Posts
New schedule is posted on district website

Friday, August 29 vs. Clear Lake (home)
Friday, September 5 @ West Orange-Stark
Friday, September 19 vs. Tyler Chapel Hill (neutral site)
Friday, September 26 vs. Baytown Lee (home)
Thursday, October 2 @ Goose Creek Memorial
Friday, October 10 vs. Lumberton (homecoming)
Friday, October 17 @ Nederland
Friday, October 24 vs. Ozen (home)
Saturday, November 1 @ Central
Friday, November 7 vs. Vidor (home)

badndn

500+ Posts
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
Friday, September 5 @ West Orange-Stark

I thought this was @ PNG again this year?
No last two years at PNG. Now at WOS.

WOS will be the best team we face this year! Theys Loaded!!!

png94

100+ Posts
Lots of hard work going on during athletic period. The linemen were getting after it and 7 on 7 going good with new faces and some changes. Looking forward to next season.

png94

100+ Posts
Varsity plays Bridge City today at home at 6pm for 7 on 7. Come out and see how they are doing.

png94

100+ Posts
Yes, Trahan the QB next year, Shugart and the other WR's were all in Baseball the other day. Varsity/ JV plays next on 5-17 at the Crosby Tournament

bark

1,000+ Posts
Trahan is a Sr. at BC. Chase Schugart only decided to play FB because the Qb was out for the year - maybe the bb catcher Uzzle was supposed to start at Qb, not too sure. Sughart ended up playing basketball too.

hurt his hand in FB doubt if he will play anything but BaseBall next year with UT offer on the line.

our ex BB coach Brevell's brother coaches in BC, I happen to know him.

don't quote me on the above scenario. unlike Matt Menard (Baylor scholarship w/Austin Stone) who played FB and baseball I think Sugart will baseball only.

time will tell

png94

100+ Posts
Byron Trahan is a Freshman this year. He was told the other day that he will be the starter next year and Shugart is being moved to WR, if he plays. I know the Trahan's. What a great opportunity for the incoming sophomore.

bark

1,000+ Posts
don't know the players just from chit-chat with a couple coaches over there. Neither of which are the Qb coach.

that would be good, seems like Menard didn't start qb till his 10th grade year - maybe 11th. He wanted to break Woo's record 5,000 + yards in 65-67

bark

1,000+ Posts
I was there about 9ish. Hard to tell but the enthusiasm seems good. No pads when I was there. Not sure who was who. The group I was watching by the parking lot looked sharp it will be interesting to see 1st scrimmage against big and fast kids. Always different with new blood in the lineup. I think it was the Runnels kid that looked really sharp.

In my opinion the size and speed of some opponents might give the young ones trouble like 7 on 7 kinda did.

But what's new with PNG. Still can go all the way as in 99 and 75.

Always more heart than the other team.

Can't wait

bark

1,000+ Posts
justafan said:
Is Peveto back? Had heard he hurt his knee.
Talked to a guy this morning and he was telling me 2 guys from Coach Matlocks old school are at PNG now and both start on varsity line as 10th graders!!

Looks like we may have some new strength in the line, which I. Understand we need. Plus they will be able start 3 years. 10,11 and 12th grade. Lucky they are able to move down here in time for 2a days.

Go NDNs

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
bark said:
justafan said:
Is Peveto back? Had heard he hurt his knee.
Talked to a guy this morning and he was telling me 2 guys from Coach Matlocks old school are at PNG now and both start on varsity line as 10th graders!!

Looks like we may have some new strength in the line, which I. Understand we need. Plus they will be able start 3 years. 10,11 and 12th grade. Lucky they are able to move down here in time for 2a days.

Go NDNs

The 2 defensive tackles I saw were Valentine and Langston, both are Juniors and have both been at PNG.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores