Another PNG Defense to be Proud of!!!

warpaint101

:flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:
I have been a PNG fan for over 30 yrs ,,,, and PNG always puts up a great Def...This Year is no different ,after loosing the whole def line from last year ... what i saw last night in the 1st half made me feel very good!! Coach Burnett has put another winning combination together ! They held lcm to 1 1st down and 27 yrds rushing with no passing yrds.........Good work coaches and players yall made us proud last night!!!!!!!!!!!

realndn

I ALSO AGREE. 11 NEW STARTERS AND ALL THE GAMES WERE AWAY. THE COACHES DON'T GET NEAR ENOUGH CREDIT. BUT LET US LOSE ONE GAME AND THE "BOO BIRDS" WILL BE OUT IN FORCE. GREAT JOB COACHES AND PLAYERS.

Penny

This should be a great test. I may be inclined to say that this Nederland offense is better than the year Mosely was a senior... time will tell. One thing is for sure, PNG always has a ferocious defense. I think they may be up against too many weapons this time, but we'll see in about 24 hours. Good luck and may we come away healthy.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
I'll tell you what...both teams are going to be fired up and flying to the ball...its going to be fun!!! Its time to get pumped for this battle...I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight!!! If our defense plays big, we will come out on top!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Penny said:
This should be a great test. I may be inclined to say that this Nederland offense is better than the year Mosely was a senior... time will tell. One thing is for sure, PNG always has a ferocious defense. I think they may be up against too many weapons this time, but we'll see in about 24 hours. Good luck and may we come away healthy.

Looks like you are right. Great game, and good luck on the rest of the season to the 'Dogs.

Penny

Thanks 93, I really felt like Nederland would be able to move the ball effectively, they have so many weapons. But you never know in this battle. I think the WOS game fooled a lot of people about how good Nederland is this year. We had several key players out and were out of sync. Good luck to PNG the rest of the way, probably no chance of it happening, but if ya'll threw the ball a little more you'd be just as dangerous.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
I wish that I would not have been right earlier in the week on my post in the madness blog, but I was worried about our ability to cover the pass effectively. I think that we showed promise at times but Ned pretty much threw at will. There was not much pressure at all on the QB and when he has that much time to survey the field, he can't help but find an open receiver.

There is still a long way to go in the season, and I'm glad to see us open up the passing game tonight. DeRon, is tall and has real good hands. They must double him at all times or else he will score. Ned found that out tonight. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores