Any info on Manvel?

lucards02

It's another week of trying to read the tea leaves

Sounds like it's going to be similar to Willis...we'll need to limit mistakes and make big stops on D

rip graphix

444 points in 11 games averaging over 40 ppg and allowing 152 points averaging less than 14 ppg and shutting out 3 of those 11 teams including a 58-0 win over their last playoff team contender last night. Their only 2 losses were to Friendswood and LaMarque and not by much.

badndn

500+ Posts
Very good team out of a very good district. Dont place much stock into their second round thumping of Houston Washington. Outside of Yates, the Houston teams are terrible. The only reason Washington was in round 2 was because they beat a worse Houston team in round 1. FWood beat Houston Wheatly 50-6 and Pearland Dawson beat Houston Worthing 62-8 also this weekend in round 2.

Place more stock in what they did against 24-4A. Should be a tough game.

wacape

100+ Posts
Pretty amazing for a town that didn't have a high school until a few years ago. My wife attended school there as a youngster and the highest grade school Manvel had at the time was a junior high.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
They look stout. The one common opponent with PNG is Texas City. Manvel blew them out.

Looks like they have a balanced attack and move the ball by committee...
Manvel Season Stats
Sure hope they don't get the same refs we had for the TC game! :thumbsdown:

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Yes, they put it to Texas City, but I think if we would have played TC after the adjustments were made on defense then it would have been a WHOLE different ballgame. This will be another nail biter for sure, but if our defense plays lights out like they did against Central then we should walk away with the W, so whatever the coaches did to get them that pumped up for Central, DO IT AGAIN PLEASE!!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores