Anyone make it to the board meeting on Dec 9th?

lu cards

100+ Posts
i was in attendance.board just finalized what was already known.it will be a coach/ad position with a masters required.it will posted for 30 days starting today.board will vote on recommendation by feb 9th.they want a coach on campus by mar 2nd.only thing unclear is who is on the search committee and how it will be formed.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Satcher has got a lot of hype on another post on this message board...does he have a masters??? And what qualifications does he have for an AD?

modmouse78

100+ Posts
how does everyone feel about how fast the board is handling this? Should they be going this fast or should they take their time?

OLD_cj79

I certainly don't feel like they are moving to fast. You have to realise if the goal is to have the coach start the position in March, according to this timeline the team and whole coaching staff will only have give or take 40 practices in off season. This is not much time to implement new schemes, and for him to personally evaluate the program as a whole. Oh yes since he will be the A.D. don't forget the budgets and ordering of all new supplies possibly needed. Possible coaching changes he may implement, teaching the coaches his philosophies, and much more stuff will need to be done... and when he gets back from summer break which he will not get since he is readying the program ,the new team will then get a couple weeks practice before there first scrimage. Thats a whole Lott to get done in a Lil bit of time. If the new coach is not hired and put in place by march than how would anyone expect a program worth any more than the south end of a north bound mule! OH yes also in between all this some people would like him to prepare a film study to go over with a the dads once a week!

NONS81

OLD_cj79 said:
I certainly don't feel like they are moving to fast. You have to realise if the goal is to have the coach start the position in March, according to this timeline the team and whole coaching staff will only have give or take 40 practices in off season. This is not much time to implement new schemes, and for him to personally evaluate the program as a whole. Oh yes since he will be the A.D. don't forget the budgets and ordering of all new supplies possibly needed. Possible coaching changes he may implement, teaching the coaches his philosophies, and much more stuff will need to be done... and when he gets back from summer break which he will not get since he is readying the program ,the new team will then get a couple weeks practice before there first scrimage. Thats a whole Lott to get done in a Lil bit of time. If the new coach is not hired and put in place by march than how would anyone expect a program worth any more than the south end of a north bound mule! OH yes also in between all this some people would like him to prepare a film study to go over with a the dads once a week!

I agree, we need them in place before spring training starts.

modmouse78

100+ Posts
i was not saying they are just going to fast, but just wanted to know what everyone else thought. Just trying to get people talking. :woohoo:

TravelingNDN

While I applaud the board's effort to do the right thing they are moving a little slow in my opinion. Most of the HC positions that are currently posted in the state of Texas will be hired by that school by the end of January. Most coaches will not hold out and wait to see if they are going to be the man for the last position available. I think we are going to miss out on some good coaches because of this. Also, the late hiring date makes you wonder if the HC will have the opportunity to bring a few members of his staff with him....This could also be a deterent for some quality coaches. One final thought for NDNTime...I dont care if about how great someones AD qualifications are if he cant win football games. We need a coach first and and AD later.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
TravelingNDN said:
While I applaud the board's effort to do the right thing they are moving a little slow in my opinion. Most of the HC positions that are currently posted in the state of Texas will be hired by that school by the end of January. Most coaches will not hold out and wait to see if they are going to be the man for the last position available. I think we are going to miss out on some good coaches because of this. Also, the late hiring date makes you wonder if the HC will have the opportunity to bring a few members of his staff with him....This could also be a deterent for some quality coaches. One final thought for NDNTime...I dont care if about how great someones AD qualifications are if he cant win football games. We need a coach first and and AD later.

Oh, I'm on board with the AD qualifications argument. The reason why I asked is because I thought the board was only going to consider applicants that have a masters degree. I know there are plenty of quality coaches out there without a masters, but I am under the impression that those coaches won't get consideration. Thats a final thought for you traveler...

Aces_Full

I heard from a reliable source that the board is requiring a Master's Degree to fill the head coach position. That would eliminate most of the area candidates such as Mike Long, Creduer, Alvarez, Monte Barrow, and several others. I think this is a big mistake to REQUIRE a Master's for this position. Also, heard the position is paying in the neighborhood of $90,000. Who knows who they hire now?

allstarmom

100+ Posts
The position posted is for AD/head football coach. The Master's Degree is required because of the AD position, not the head football coach. From what I understand from previous posts that is why MB didn't have the title of AD because he doesn't have his Master's.

pngbax20

100+ Posts
i think we should have a coach by mid jan or early feb.too much to go over and change the way these kids have played football to learn a new program in 2 months and then forget it over the summer then start over during 2 a days.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores