Brenham vs. Aledo

cub1322

I saw that some of y'all were wondering about the game being televised or broadcast so this migh help y'all out:

Brenham’s Class 4A Division II championship game against Aledo at 1 p.m. Saturday will be broadcast on FOX Sports Plus and will be Webcast on FoxSportsSouthwest.com.

cub1322

There will also be delayed broadcasts of the 4A games will be shown on FOX Sports Southwest on Tuesday, Dec. 29 at 11:00 a.m. CT (Longview-Lake Travis) and Thursday, Dec. 31 at 11:00 a.m. CT (Aledo-Brenham).

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Win state. :thumbsup:

Then we can say the Indians ONLY lost one half the entire season. To the 2009 State Champions.

First Half: Brenham 20, PN-G 0
Second Half: PNG 21, Brenham 7 ;D

cub1322

haha I like the "one half" comment very creative and true. It was a hard fought battle and so will the state game. We will sure give it everything we've got we play with a lot of heart. Thanks for the support y'all have some great fans win with class and lose with class despite some of the comments it's we pride ourselves on in Brenham sports especially in baseball.

NDN X

100+ Posts
just flipped past the Breham/Aledo game on channel 319 (digital time warner) Aledo is up 21 - 14 with 3 min til half.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
Aledo up 21-14 at half. Aledo went ahead 14-0 and then Brenham scored 14 utilizing an onside kick to tie but then Aledo scored again. Aledo soph RB Grey (or Gray) scored all 3 TD's. Reminder that this game is on FoxSportsSouthwest.com

OldEagle

500+ Posts
Aledo won 35-21. Game was closer than score. Brenham missed a 1st down around the 10 yard line and then Aledo took over with a little more than 2 minute left. On 3rd down, Gray broke free and ran 89 yards to score his 4th TD.
Brenham played great but Aledo played a little bit better today.

Good season, Brenham!!!

NDN06

100+ Posts
wow... I haven't seen Aledo, but I really thought the Cubs had it in the bag. Sounds like it was a great game none-the-less!

Starfire

OldEagle said:
Aledo won 35-21. Game was closer than score. Brenham missed a 1st down around the 10 yard line and then Aledo took over with a little more than 2 minute left. On 3rd down, Gray broke free and ran 89 yards to score his 4th TD.
Brenham played great but Aledo played a little bit better today.

Good season, Brenham!!!

Thank you everyone, and I agree with you OldEagle. There were just enough errors on Brenham's side that let Aledo beat them. Both sides knew and anticipated how the other would play - I think Aledo might've done better at adapting IMHO. Also, it might've gone the other way had we made that touchdown on the last play of the first half. Sadly, that just didn't happen.

I feel for the team though - being a state silver medalist myself, it's hard to lose at the state level. But, the team has nothing to be ashamed about - the only thing that IMHO is sad is they lost. But, they played some great teams - especially you guys and Arlington - and it showed in how they kept the score close to the end.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores