Coaching Changes

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Running Backs coach, Segura has basically traded places with Kevin Schexnaider from PNMS.

Thanks Coach Segura for your 20 yrs. of service and dedication to our kids! :woohoo:

ndndad

PNG Proud said:
Running Backs coach, Segura has basically traded places with Kevin Schexnaider from PNMS.

Thanks Coach Segura for your 20 yrs. of service and dedication to our kids! :woohoo:

Coach Segura has done a great job over the last twenty years. I think Coach Schexnaider is a great fit to carry on that tradition.

bark

1,000+ Posts
With the recent success of the RB position (Harman & Bertrand) I hope it was Segura's request. Never been a head coach, but don't know why you would demote a coach from a playoff varsity team who had success at that coaches position and move him to a middle school with less money.

Lefort the only Burnett varsity staff left?

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
bark said:
With the recent success of the RB position (Harman & Bertrand) I hope it was Segura's request. Never been a head coach, but don't know why you would demote a coach from a playoff varsity team who had success at that coaches position and move him to a middle school with less money.

Lefort the only Burnett varsity staff left?

On the Football Banquet thread it was stated that Coach Segura requested the move/change to spend more time with family and more time for fishing. DL Coach Arnaud is from MB's staff and he has worked wonders with our DL in the past 2 years. Nothing wrong with a coach wanting a change of scenery for more family time, more time for fishing, or to work with younger kids. I just hope no other school poaches our OC, DC, OL, and DL coaches. We've been solid in the trenches for 2 years...those OL and DL kids are the foundation for success by the skilled positions. Keep up the great work Indian coaches and players. Winning translates into more kids in the program, more talent in the pool, and more success in the future.

Go Indians. Peace.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Segura has developed good running backs for years. All of them didn't set records, but the Indians have always had solid running backs.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Glad for Segura and well said 1989ndn in reference to other key position coaches being promoted via other programs.

I have never heard anyone say anything negative about Segura which is just about never the case in the PNG fanhood - I do not know him but he must be a hell of a good guy.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
bark said:
Glad for Segura and well said 1989ndn in reference to other key position coaches being promoted via other programs.

I have never heard anyone say anything negative about Segura which is just about never the case in the PNG fanhood - I do not know him but he must be a hell of a good guy.

he is a great person. the kids all like and respect him, which says alot for that age group

squaw

1,000+ Posts
pngmom4 said:
bark said:

he is a great person. the kids all like and respect him, which says alot for that age group
Well said! The fact that the kids all like and respect him demonstrates why he has been successful at coaching.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
squaw said:
pngmom4 said:
bark said:

Well said! The fact that the kids all like and respect him demonstrates why he has been successful at coaching.

Amen, it is a win win situation,

How is your Husband Squaw?

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores