Credit

twrpng

100+ Posts
Let me just say something here at some point you gotta give credit to coach Faircloth and his staff. High school football in this area has no recruiting like you may have in the Dallas & Houston schools. Faircloth has to play the hand he is dealt sure he has a great QB but most of his players are not the fastest, quickest players around but they play with heart. I've watched this coach really really heard the last 4 years because my son played for him. Faircloth will not ask his players to do any more then he knows they can accomplish. He calls plays his players can execute. The last couple years it was down field to McNeal , riggs , Hughes, Dylan , Cameron these Guys were big tall fast receivers . This year he has a small not so fast receiving core but look what he's still doing , he made adjustments to the hand he is dealt imo the sign of a great coach. Faircloth can play with the big boys. Let's try to keep him around we gotta good coach

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Agreed! When I tell people that we'll never compete with the BIG 5-A schools (the ones that recruit) they always want to point the finger at BF. We get what grows up in our neighborhoods. That's what we have to work with, and I think BF does an amazing job, year in and year out!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Coach Faircloth has always been respected here, with the exception of Burnett loyalists.

He has established an offensive system that’s succeeded where previous attempts to put in a more diversified offense failed. Sine he arrived, there have been more players recognized at the state level than any previous regime.

PNG scoring, passing, running and receiving records have been set and reset since 2009. He very well may be the best QB coach in the state.

The one lingering, negative sentiment is the defensive struggles. If the Indians could field a defense that limits opponent scoring by even 25%, it would be tough stopping any PNG team since 2009, other than 2012.

But it goes back to pure talent. You can’t coach size and speed. At the end of the day, players make or miss the plays, not the coaches. But you can make the most of what you’ve got, which I agree he’s attempting to. And PNG players play their hearts out. Implementing better schemes and technique is the best hope to improve on defense.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Coach Faircloth has always been respected here, with the exception of Burnett loyalists.

He has established an offensive system that’s succeeded where previous attempts to put in a more diversified offense failed. Sine he arrived, there have been more players recognized at the state level than any previous regime.

PNG scoring, passing, running and receiving records have been set and reset since 2009. He very well may be the best QB coach in the state.

The one lingering, negative sentiment is the defensive struggles. If the Indians could field a defense that limits opponent scoring by even 25%, it would be tough stopping any PNG team since 2009, other than 2012.

But it goes back to pure talent. You can’t coach size and speed. At the end of the day, players make or miss the plays, not the coaches. But you can make the most of what you’ve got, which I agree he’s attempting to. And PNG players play their hearts out. Implementing better schemes and technique is the best hope to improve on defense.

I just want to see better fundamentals!! They’re more important than size and speed.

Special Teams is another Achilles Heal!! Watch the Crosby kick off return and watch how many opportunities we had to tackle him and their was no effort!!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
That was a frustrating breakdown. Even more frustrating, watch the first kickoff and you'll see a better effort. They stayed in their lanes and contained the same guy. They messed up on the second kick by all converging to the point that the kick was caught and then failed containment to the other side.

The KO returned for a TD was only kicked to about the 25. Why not kick the ball out of the end zone like they did on KO #3.

crawfish_75081

I think we all agree that we all have high respect for the PN-G coaching staff. Every one that follows PN-G with pride applauds the effort of the coaching staff and the players. In order to stand in there with the programs noted for winning championships PN-G “must” make changes in special teams and defense in order to win championships. Tackling discipline is taught. Technique is taught. PN-G has a sound program and outstanding work ethic, get the defense under control and championships will follow.

PNGIndian75

100+ Posts
IndianFan said:

Agree...

I remember the '75 State Championship team. They weren't the biggest or the fastest but they had great technique and a lot of heart. They were so small they were called the "Mini-Indians". Projected to lose to the extremely large offensive line of Houston Kashmere, they won with technique, gang tackling, being in the gaps and heart. I think it was PNG 27 - Kashmere 19.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Kashmere was loaded with D1 talent, and 250+ pound guys. In 1975, 250 pounds was equivalent to 300-320 pounds today. Players were not as big. 250 was huge compared to our 150-180 pound guys. We had a few 200 pounders, but not many.

This sounds old to some, but I can tell you that technique and effort were the cornerstones of the success those smaller players achieved. Perfect execution of technique that was drilled into you during every practice. Where your feet go, where your hips go, how to hit, how to tackle, what to key on, and emphasis on staying under control. Fundamentals that can be executed without thinking a lot.

Maybe they still coach and practice like that today. I have no clue, and this isn’t meant to be negative. Just the sincere thoughts of a fanatic that loves the game and supports the school. And always will.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores