Documentary on Permian August 15th 7pm on Fox Sports Southwest

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I recorded the program on the DVR...I have not had time to watch it (yet)...looking forward to an insider's view of the MOJO mystique.

Go Indians. Peace.

PNGALWAYS

Although still woefully inadequate, this program has the best (and possibly only) footage I have ever seen of the 1975 PNG-Permian game.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I've got the entire game. When I purchased the Astrodomination package offered by the 1974-1977 PN-G football teams via PN-G High School, they sent me a thumb drive with several games from the 1974-1977 seasons. Included on the thumb drive are the 1975 state championship win by the Indians and the 1977 game vs. Plano. Both games are in color and they have relatively clear smooth footage for 1975 and 1977. No sound. I was asked not to share or post versions online. If you want a copy, please contact the school. I can't remember the price I had to pay, but it was not expensive. It was well worth whatever I paid. The money goes to a fund that provides scholarships to PN-G students wanting to go to college. 1974-1977 teams are doing all of this to help PN-G students. Not only did they win big when they were in school, but they continue to give back to PN-G.

Go Indians. Peace.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
They would at the time it was available. But I don't see it listed on the school web site any longer.

I guess some of us waited too long.

PNGIndian75

100+ Posts
1989NDN said:
I've got the entire game. When I purchased the Astrodomination package offered by the 1974-1977 PN-G football teams via PN-G High School, they sent me a thumb drive with several games from the 1974-1977 seasons. Included on the thumb drive are the 1975 state championship win by the Indians and the 1977 game vs. Plano. Both games are in color and they have relatively clear smooth footage for 1975 and 1977. No sound. I was asked not to share or post versions online. If you want a copy, please contact the school. I can't remember the price I had to pay, but it was not expensive. It was well worth whatever I paid. The money goes to a fund that provides scholarships to PN-G students wanting to go to college. 1974-1977 teams are doing all of this to help PN-G students. Not only did they win big when they were in school, but they continue to give back to PN-G.

Go Indians. Peace.

1989NDN, Do you know if this Astrodomination Package including the thumb drive with the '75 and '77 State Championship games is still available? If so, who would you contact to order. I would love to have it for memories but especially since the proceeds benefit scholarships for PNG students. Any information would be welcomed, thanks.

PNGIndian75

100+ Posts
Mr. Buddy Garrity said:
prepballfan said:
worked last night and missed it
comes on Saturday at 10:30pm on Fox Sports SW again.

Thanks for the heads up Mr. Garrity, just set my DVR to record it. Can't wait to watch it Sunday morning. Living in Ohio, I don't get much news about PNG Football except from this excellent website. Good luck to the Titans this year, and good luck to the Indians. District should be exciting.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
PN-GIndian75 - I'm guessing the Astrodomination package is still available. I do not see why it wouldn't be. Everything is on a thumb drive, e.g., games, an electronic version of Astrodomination (the hard/paper copy from the Port Arthur News), and photographs of coaches and team members that have passed away. Mrs. Pat Briggs, Asst. Principal for Student Activities at PN-G HS, took my order via e-mail. The e-mail address I had for her was: pbriggs@pngisd.org.

I e-mailed Mrs. Briggs my order, mailed her a check to cover the cost of the thumb drive, plus shipping and handling, and an extra donation to the 1974-1977 PN-G Football Team Scholarship Fund. Mrs. Brings mailed the Astrodomination package to my home address. Inside was the thumb drive and a nice letter thanking me for supporting PN-GISD...and kindly asking me not to share Astrodomination online because the 1974-1977 PN-G Football Teams wanted to continue using it as a fundraiser for future scholarships.

Several coaches and team members from 1974-1977 have donated time, talent, and money to establish the scholarship fund. From what I hear, the 1974-1977 PN-G Football Team Scholarship Fund has been a success.

I encourage you to e-mail Mrs. Briggs.

Go Indians. Peace.

Mr. Buddy Garrity

#TitanNation #TitanTempo Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity
PNGIndian75 said:
Mr. Buddy Garrity said:
prepballfan said:
worked last night and missed it
comes on Saturday at 10:30pm on Fox Sports SW again.

Thanks for the heads up Mr. Garrity, just set my DVR to record it. Can't wait to watch it Sunday morning. Living in Ohio, I don't get much news about PNG Football except from this excellent website. Good luck to the Titans this year, and good luck to the Indians. District should be exciting.
hopefully the game on October 20th is televised again.

PNGALWAYS

The program also has highlights of the 1980 TJ-Permian state championship game (BTW entire game is on Youtube) and the 1984 Beaumont French-Permian state championship game. I attended both of those games, as well as the 1975 PNG state championship game (and most of the other PNG playoff games from 1974 to 1977). Here's to another round of "glory years" for the Indians during the next couple of years!!!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores