Final: PNG 42, Goose Creek 14

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Re: PNG vs Goose Creek

Well they played Central and lost last week and lost 35 to 21, they lost to Baytown Sterling 28-18, they beat LCM by a score of only 30-23, and beat Tomball 14-12.
They run multiple sets. I saw the I formation the shotgun spread and some form of under center with the rest in a spread look. They mainly like to run the ball.
They have 575 yards rushing and 539 yards passing, they are totaled out for the season so far with 1114 yards in 4 games. I think offensivly PNG should be able to sucessfully run the whole complimate of there offense. The chess match will be on the defensive side of the ball. I do however believe that we will meet with some sucess on that side of the ball.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts

Sounds like we can't let them control the clock with their run game. If we can force them to 3rd and longs we will be in great shape.

bark

1,000+ Posts

NDNTime said:
Sounds like we can't let them control the clock with their run game. If we can force them to 3rd and longs we will be in great shape.
I think as great as our receivers and Qb are we should be able to score at will. their offense is averaging like 230yds per game total, so we should have no problem with them.

Look for a great high scoring game with single game passing records for the qb. Faircloth will have to feed him the ball often if they are to break the season passing record this year. We should have a deep playoff run that will give them more games to get that record.

cant wait till we put it on Nederland on the 16th. As many losses and weaknesses that they have we should smoke them. No way they can compete with our passing game and secondary talent.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :machinegun:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

If some execution details like improved downfield blocking by receivers and the offensive line holding blocks can be improved,, this team can truly be great offensively. Little things like that are stalling the offensive production. And of course the fumbles and penalties must be eliminated.

On defense, keep swarming to the ball and wrap up.

If the Indians can clean up some execution, they can sweep 22-5A and get past Dayton.

bark

1,000+ Posts

IndianFan said:
If some execution details like improved downfield blocking by receivers and the offensive line holding blocks can be improved,, this team can truly be great offensively. Little things like that are stalling the offensive production. And of course the fumbles and penalties must be eliminated.

If the Indians can clean up some execution, they can sweep 22-5A and get past Dayton.
want to come to the reception after the Ned game with the 74-77 group and coaches? don't know your name, but I think you are our age. could be some good pictures for the tradition page.

ALL of the coaches "74,75,76 and '77 (Ethridge, Troy, Carswell, Bryson, Cobb, Green, Burnet, Bush, Nunez, Winn, Vagera, Clearman, etc...and a video from Davis at Iowa)teams and Mr. Finley have committed. If you want to I will leave your name, Indianfan, on the guest list at the door at Dylans. Private Room on the side. after the game til 2:00

pngfan66

500+ Posts

After watching film on GCM, our Defense is going to have to play some hard nose football. They run the ball a lot more than they pass. They have some speed on the offensive side of the ball. They seem to like the sweep, mostly to the right of the ball. Have to have a defender on the QB and running back. The Running back defender cannot get caught up into tackling the QB. The QB pitches to the running back at the last possible second to get the defense to bite. The video showed them executing the pitch very well. Gap containment is necessary to keep their inside game in check. They do have a fairly big O line, slow from what I seen. But able to move D linemen around. They have some very fast receivers who can move down the field quickly.
Our Offense should be able to move the ball, especially using the play action and draws. GCM's D backs are fast. They seem to send atleast 1 blitzer on just about every play.
Key: Contain their QB and running back. Wrap up with gang tackles and don't bite on the last minute pitch, keep your 1 man focused on their running back. Our Offense should be able to move the ball with ease, but no lob passes. Their D backs are fast enough to get under them. GCM is a improving team and cannot be taken lightly.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

bark said:
IndianFan said:

want to come to the reception after the Ned game with the 74-77 group and coaches? don't know your name, but I think you are our age. could be some good pictures for the tradition page.

ALL of the coaches "74,75,76 and '77 (Ethridge, Troy, Carswell, Bryson, Cobb, Green, Burnet, Bush, Nunez, Winn, Vagera, Clearman, etc...and a video from Davis at Iowa)teams and Mr. Finley have committed. If you want to I will leave your name, Indianfan, on the guest list at the door at Dylans. Private Room on the side. after the game til 2:00

Bark, that would be a great honor. I'm younger than that group, but at this stage, not by all that much. I am definitely in sync with that era. :D

My son is flying in from Arizona that weekend so I have to see if it can work out.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member

IndianFan said:
bark said:
IndianFan said:

Bark, that would be a great honor. I'm younger than that group, but at this stage, not by all that much. I am definitely in sync with that era. :D

My son is flying in from Arizona that weekend so I have to see if it can work out.

WHat an honor Indianfan congrats

bark

1,000+ Posts

IndianFan said:
bark said:
IndianFan said:

:band:
I will leave your name (indianfan) at the door, if you can make it great.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores