Friday Night's Matchups 01-29-2010, Picks and Commentary added

carzan

500+ Posts
Here are the Match-ups for Friday night 01-29-2010

PNG (4-4)@ Nederland (6-2)
Lumberton (0-8)@ Vidor (1-7)
Ozen (7-1) @ Livingston (5-3)
Central (5-3) @ LCM (4-4)

PNG will show up at the Dog Dome with one thing on their minds, WINNING!!! We gave away our earlier meeting and we won't do that again! I'm going to go out on a bit of a limb here and say that we not only win this one but we win this one by a double figure margin. It's a Mid-County Thing!! PNG -10

The winless Raiders will make the short bus ride over to Vidor to take on the Pirates at home. Vidor managed to put the brakes on Central tuesday night and even though it was not a win for them they will be high coming off that game. The Pirates always play tough at home and Lumberton is going to be forced to tuck their tails between their legs and run back across the river after the Pirates put a four quarter beat down on the raiders! Vidor -6

Central will also be rolling across the river on friday but they will be taking on the LCM Battlin' Bears at the Bear Cave. That is a very hard place to come out of with a win. After the Jags poor performance Tuesday they may want to show they are capable of putting up the numbers but this won't be the night to do that!! LCM will give them all they can handle and the home crowd at the Bear Cave will stop at nothing to help their team come away victorious. To me this one is a real toss up. But I believe LCM can just manage to squeek this one out with a good press break and some solid rebounding. I'll have to take LCM -2

"Panther Eats Lion" That will be the Saturday headline after Ozen travels to Livingston. Livingston is tough to beat at home because the rules seem to be taken from a different rulebook once you enter whatever county that is up there. It's not so much that the refs in Livingston make bad calls against the visiting team, it's just that those same calls will never be called on the Lions at home. Friday that won't matter. DeCarlos Frank and that Green kid are going to surgically take the Lions apart in this one. Ozen is quickly becoming the "Jack Yates High" of Jefferson County. If you don't know what I'm talking about, look them up. The Yates Lions are out of Houston. Anyway, in this one I like Ozen -13.

As always, please jump in and add your own thoughts on this Friday's games.

Here are my picks. they are 100% including the spreads!!!

PNG (4-4)@ Nederland (6-2) PNG -5
Lumberton (0-8)@ Vidor (1-7) Lumberton -4
Ozen (7-1) @ Livingston (5-3) Ozen -16
Central (5-3) @ LCM (4-4) Central -12

carzan

500+ Posts
PNG (4-4)@ Nederland (6-2)-----Ned 69-63
Lumberton (0-8)@ Vidor (1-7)--- Lumb 49-46
Ozen (7-1) @ Livingston (5-3)---Ozen 70-58
Central (5-3) @ LCM (4-4)------Central 60-48

Rough Night all the way around for good old Carzan!!!! 25% on the picks, WOW!!! Gotta love High school hoops!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores