Game not streaming live?

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
same here. guess they arent doing it this week. the first two games were on there.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
NDN79 said:
I don't think the UIL allows video on friday night games. Only thur., or sat.

Hey NDN79...

yeah, this was discussed on another thread and one of your guys explained the UIL reasoning for it, which IMHO is a total crock.

PNG NDN Fan
Global Moderator
Veteran

Re: MidCounty Madness Tickets
« Reply #78 on: Today at 09:09:42 AM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: yankeedawg on Today at 08:26:53 AM
I think it's delayed...somewhere I recall reading that per UIL rules, Friday games cannot be broadcast in real time...

That is correct, the UIL will not permit live telecasts of Friday Night football games if there are other games going on within the viewing area at that time. They reason even if one game was sold out that people would go to the others. I personally do not think there are enough pure HS football fans to support this philosophy - i.e. most fans tend to only support their team, at least during the regular season. I think it would be great to allow live telecast or webcast on a PPV basis a letting the competing schools share in the take.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Even so, my understanding is that the Crosby game last week was a live webcast. So my interpretation must not be correct.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Well, the UIL rules are as I thought, so not sure how the Crosby webcast was live.

Live Regular Season Telecast
UIL member schools shall not have a live telecast or video webcast/live videostream of a Friday night regular season football game when other schools are having interschool football games in the telecast area.

Page 58 of the 2010-2011 Football Manual
http://www.uiltexas.org/files/athletics/manuals/FB-Manual.pdf

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores