Girls Soccer - 2023 Playoffs

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Another elite program in Southeast Texas soccer, Port Neches-Groves is the only local Class 5A team still left in the playoffs.

Ava Zumo scored both goals for Port Neches-Groves in a 2-1 win over Friendswood last week in the regional quarterfinals. It was the first time in program history that PN-G defeated Friendswood.

Up next for PN-G is a tough Belton team. The regional semifinal match is scheduled for 1 p.m. Friday.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The regional semifinal match with Belton is today at 1:00pm.

Article above mentions the location is Humble.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Great season, Lady Indians. Had I not read your post, IndianFan, I would have never known about the great season of PN-G girls' soccer program. No articles in the PA News or Beaumont Enterprise.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
A trend seems to be emerging. If you check the online articles at panews.com it has been 2 months since anything was mentioned about a PN-G team or athlete. (Not counting the mention of Jeff Joseph being named the Bum Phillips award recipient.)

It seems that they have gone from avoiding the word ‘Indians’ to not writing anything about PN-G in the sports section. It truly is becoming the Port Arthur news these days when it comes to sports coverage.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores