Great article about soccer team (Undefeated in district)

twrpng

100+ Posts
The soccer team is 18-1-2 and 11-0 in district they beat lumberton lastnite to win district out right, they have a fast team . The only lost of the season so far was a 6A team ranked top 20 in state

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats to the soccer team!

Sports excellence at PN-G!! Football will always be king, but there is much excellence In many sports on The Reservation.

twrpng

100+ Posts
I think a lot of it had to do with blocking up front , but I agree we need a kicker that just kicks and not playing multiple positions, I watched teams in playoffs last year and the kicker was just that the kicker and nothing else , PNG's kicker made All District In kicking but was also a 1000 yard plus receiver so pick your poison either he just kicks or he just receives . I don't think he should do both

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I agree...the PAT/FG kicker last year did just fine when the line blocked and held up. At times, the PAT/FG line looked like swiss cheese. Then, we lost the PAT/FG holder and things seemed out of balance. When the holder (Bost) came back, the PAT/FG unit did fine. We need to shore up the line. The holder and kicker combo did their jobs.

In part, I was joking about finding a kicker from the great soccer team. Part of me is joking, part of me is not. I would be nice to find a solid kicker so the WR/RB/do just about anything else Riggs can focus on his touches. Glad the soccer team is doing great things.

Go Indians. Peace.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
There is also an ongoing problem at center. There were multiple bad snaps, primarily to the QB, throughout the past 2 years.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores