I just realized something....

bandkid

Staff member
I've been a member of SETXSports.com since last April, and I got to looking around the football board on that site a few minutes ago and realized that half of the threads on that board either have PN-G as the main subject or mention PN-G at some point. We're really making waves in this area this year.

Go Indians.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I've been reading the posts on there also, and almost every game thread since the beginning of the year...the opposing team's fans are on there talking smack about how we "haven't played anyone yet", and then after we take care of business, someone from the other team always posts.."PN-G is the real deal"! So, I wonder if anyone from Central would like to go ahead and say it and get it over with ;D!

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Oh yeah...if you want a good laugh, go over there and read the PN-G/Barber's Hill thread... :ha:!

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
PNG NDN Fan said:
IndianFan said:
Just a bunch of knuckleheads...

Serves a purpose by keeping that kind of thread over there and not here.

It's the new 'smack attack' board that we used to all love so much... :duel:

That board is full of nothing but envious people. Jealousy runs amuck over there.

bandkid

Staff member
NDNmom91 said:
Oh yeah...if you want a good laugh, go over there and read the PN-G/Barber's Hill thread... :ha:!

Personally, I find it hilarious that not only is this one of the first times Barber's Hill has been in the playoffs since they were bumped up to Conference 4A, but that they've suffered defeats at the hands of the Indians both last year and this year (close ones, but defeats nonetheless) and that, in spite of all this, they are somehow under the impression that they can walk in and beat us hands down because of their "speed." We've faced teams with far greater speed than anything Barber's Hill could hope for (Livingston and Ozen come to mind) and beat them by wide margins, yet somehow Barber's Hill is going to knock PN-G out of the playoff mix because we're apparently "slow."

Fat chance.

Go Indians.

And before I forget, I heard a rumor today at the school that we'll be facing Barber's Hill at Galena Park's complex on the 13th.

bandkid

Staff member
Alpha06 said:
bandkid, can you confirm this.. i need to ask off for work

Not at this time. This is just the rumor going around. I'll keep my ears open, though.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
BF said that he was going to push for a Friday game. I was pushing for Stallworth, and he seemed to agree, but there are allot of factors here.
We'll just have to wait and see. Maybe he'll have some more info at the BC mtg.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Stallworth Stadium seats 16,500.
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=637

Pasadena ISDs Memorial Stadium seats 16,800 and has turf. An interesting note about that stadium...
The first game ever played in this stadium was Sam Rayburn vs. Port Neches-Groves in a torrential rain in September, 1966. Final Score Sam Rayburn 8 Port Neches Grove 6. http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=631

NDN79

500+ Posts
It's hard to get your 1st pick for a play-off site during the 1st rd. of the play-offs. There are so many schools competing for a limited number of sites. Hopefully we can get something that will accomodate our large crowd. Does anyone know how/who/why the play-off sites are determined? What is the pecking-order / who gets a preference?

squaw

1,000+ Posts
NDN79, I was told that Galena Park stadium had already been chosen for three 5A games and is, therefore, unavailable. I am glad because that stadium is almost like a home field for BH--they played in it this year, in fact. I need to find out which of these two (LaPorte and Stallworth) have turf. Of course, I want our boys to play on turf. Does anyone know?

PurpleNDN

squaw said:
NDN79, I was told that Galena Park stadium had already been chosen for three 5A games and is, therefore, unavailable. I am glad because that stadium is almost like a home field for BH--they played in it this year, in fact. I need to find out which of these two (LaPorte and Stallworth) have turf. Of course, I want our boys to play on turf. Does anyone know?

They both have turf. BF said last nite that he was not planning on playing at a field that did not have turf.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
You do know that turf is real grass. I know some people incorrectly refer to artificial turf as turf. I argue with my grandkids all the time about this. On www.TexasBob.com he correctly call fake grass "artificial turf" or AT. So if you call artificial grass turf, what do you call grass?

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
OldEagle said:
You do know that turf is real grass. I know some people incorrectly refer to artificial turf as turf. I argue with my grandkids all the time about this. On www.TexasBob.com he correctly call fake grass "artificial turf" or AT. So if you call artificial grass turf, what do you call grass?

Thats easy. You call grass, grass. Sounds pretty simple to me. Clears up all of the confusion!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores