Indian logo

NDNThunder

I have a question. I've noticed over the years that our Indian logo keeps changing. There's no consistency. The sign in front of the school as well as the scoreboard & gymnasium floor have the tough young Indian warrior. This logo seems to have come into being about the time the new gym was built. But on the back of the new pressbox, we have a completely different Indian head - an old Indian. And it's not even the same one that's on the water towers. I don't think I've ever seen that particular face. Personally, I like the new Indian because he exudes an air of confidence & strength without savagery, but of course no one asked me. Still, I'm just curious as to why we don't have one Indian head as our true PNG logo. Most schools seem to be able to choose their logo & that's what is used on everything.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
I never thought much about it. I mainly noticed the logo on the football helmets. As as it not one of those "comical" Indian logos (think Cleveland Indians baseball) I am ok with it.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores