Is the Texas City game still on for Friday?

IndianKen

INDIAN KEN #1 BAND FAN
Does anybody know for sure about the Texas City game? where, when, how? etc?? Ike should take a hike to Mexico as far as I'm concerned. Indian Ken

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
I have a feeling the game will be cancelled.

Here is a posting from the Houston Chronicle. Looks like Houston area schools are beginning to close Thursday & Friday.....

Houston-area school closings for Ike

09:58 AM CDT on Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Calhoun County ISD -- all schools will be closed Friday, Sept. 12

Brazosport ISD -- all schools will be closed Wednesday, Sept. 10, Thursday, Sept. 11 and Friday, Sept. 12

Brazosport College -- classes will be dismissed at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 10 and resume Monday, Sept. 15.

Matagorda ISD -- all schools will be closed Thursday, Sept. 11 and Friday, Sept. 12

hookem_horns

Honor Pride Tradition
Just a hunch but I would venture to say we will try and push the game back a week, we both have bye weeks and the weather there will be worse than here and thats not looking favorable for our dominant passing attack :helmet:, so that could work out well for all concerned...again just a hunch!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
hookem_horns said:
Just a hunch but I would venture to say we will try and push the game back a week, we both have bye weeks and the weather there will be worse than here and thats not looking favorable for our dominant passing attack :helmet:, so that could work out well for all concerned...again just a hunch!

Texas City's stadium has an artificial turf field. If it's not actually raining during the game, the weather wouldn't be that big of a deal.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
I think people are concerned with the storm surge. If evacuations begin, the game will either be cancelled or rescheduled.

hookem_horns

Honor Pride Tradition
IndianFan said:
hookem_horns said:

Texas City's stadium has an artificial turf field. If it's not actually raining during the game, the weather wouldn't be that big of a deal.

It is turf but last I checked it isn't domed I was speaking more of the 40ish MPH winds expected.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores