Live broadcasting of non-sold out playoff games: lingering questions

PNGALWAYS

As we all know by now, there is supposedly a ban against broadcasting football playoff games live unless they are sold out 48 hours in advance. However, there is a troubling lingering question regarding this matter: Does this mean that state championship games can no longer be televised live by Fox Sports Network?

Those games are practically never sold out, particularly since they are held in large venues (could you imagine having to sell out Cowboys Stadium). It would seem to me that "a rule is a rule" and FSN should therefore be unable to televise these games live.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
See the other thread regarding the live broadcast of the Willis game. Basically the uil reserves the right to enter into contracts for live broadcasts of quarters semis and finals for football playlets, which they apparently have done for the championship games.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores