Mid County Madness!!!!!!!! Its here!!!!

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Well we have to contain their running back. He is very good. I think they have a few very good receivers as well. Nederland is very balanced. Keep their O off the field and make them punt a few times and we have a very good chance of winning. On the D side we have to contain their running back and put pressure on their QB. I heard he has a tendency to telegraph his passes. Who he is passing too. Boys are gonna have to play harder than they did against Central. THis game is very winnable for the NDN's. I'm sure the coaches were up early looking at nederland film today. I'm sure coach BF will have the team ready and in the position to win. After the Central game I hope the team realizes they can beat good teams. Nederland is good, but not great.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
If the PNG offensive line can open some holes and give the QB time to throw, Indians have a good chance to win the game.

Defense will need to attack the ball and not miss tackles.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Unless we win at the line of scrimmage, nederland will run up and down the field on us and keep our offense off the field. We must stop the run. We need to win the war in the trenches. Commit to stopping the run. Everyone in SE TX knows that nederland uses two backs that run north and south...they don't waste time running sideline to sideline...the nederland run game sets up the play action pass. I'd take a chance and let the nederland QB and WRs make plays...sell out to stop the run. I think nederland will have a hard time matching up with Rose, but we need to do more than isolate Rose and throw it up for grabs. nederland will double up on Rose with plenty of help over the top. We need to move Rose around (motion) and get him in open space before the double gets to him. Stick with our run game, protect the QB, and we must take care of the ball...no turnovers. Protecting our QB has been a problem vs. good teams ala WO-S, SC, LC-M and Central. We will have to play at a high level to win on the road. Open up the play book and call whatever is needed to get the ball in open space. It can be done. Believe, play hard, play fast, and when we are on defense, get them on the ground.

Take the excitement and momentum of the Central game and go get another W vs. nederland.

Go Indians. Peace.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
I wished they would get more plays for Morse, Cropper and Giblin. Hate watching them 3 talented kids not get alot of playing time.

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
We may also have to deal with a sloppy field, as its suppose to rain a lot this week.

Reading their game threads, Ned has been playing run heavy teams, this may be to our advantage.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Ned is a run heavy team themselves. I hope they stack the D line more. I think if Rose is not double teamed then he will be catching all night. Just have to give the QB enough time to throw. I sense Ned will send 1-2 linebackers per play to disrupt our passing game.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Sure is quiet in here!! :zzz: Seems like the excitement of MCM sure has faded over the years! :-\. I kinda miss all the friendly pranks and smack talk from years past! However, I'm doing my part to keep the madness alive! A friend and I took our kids and spread some Indian love at one of my bulldog friends house tonight! ;D

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Normally, a slippery field plays into the hand of the better passing teams. This could be a big advantage for us!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I hope all the hype about Nederland's defensive tackles has the PNG offensive line cranked up and ready to slay those dragons. They can't ask for a much better opportunity for MCM glory than that. :thumbsup: :helmet:

NDN06

100+ Posts
I think this game is going to be wild! (of course it always is) With the puppies being undefeated in district for something like 2 full seasons, it sure would be nice to be the ones to end that streak!! I think this year's Indians have what it takes to take the dogs to the pound. :rocks:

Is it Friday yet?? ???

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Anyone know how practice went this week ? I know our boys had extra conditioning last friday night against Central. I tell you I am so proud of how hard the team fought and never gave up Friday night against Central.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores