National Anthem

adams64

Maximum respect for the kid that sang the national anthem. That was an incredible job especially with no backup music at all. Definitely one of the bright spots of our team.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
You're right, pngmom4! I think that's the best rendition of the National Anthem in the 40 years we've been watching football games. He needs to try out for American Idol! Awesome voice.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Great performance!
DSCF0137.jpg

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
No disrespect to this young man, but I miss the band playing the National Anthem. But as others said this young man did an amazingly awesome job. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Probably one of the best, if not the best, I have ever heard. I would love to hear him sing with the band playing. I hope he continues in this role for the remainder of the season.

adams64 said:
Maximum respect for the kid that sang the national anthem. That was an incredible job especially with no backup music at all. Definitely one of the bright spots of our team.
David Le with the most amazing voice..sang our National Anthem Saturday!! :clap:

bandkid

Staff member
David Le is one of the best singers I've ever heard in our school.

Also - and I don't mean to steal any of David's thunder - one of our students, former PN-G Drum Major Melody Jordan (who performed the national anthem at the Brenham game last November), tried out for American Idol when the band was at Disney World last year and was invited back for a second round of judging. I have no doubt that David could accomplish such a feat as well.

adams64

maybe the band could play a very light background beat for David. He is solid and needs to be the main feature though.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
I don't recall the last time the band played the anthem at the home game. It was nice but I think getting the choir involved (as they have done over the past several years) is a great thing. The more students involved on Friday nights the better!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores