New Alternate Uniforms

NDN06

100+ Posts
Check out the new gear! Coach said it's a tribute to the '53 State Champs who also wore grey pants. Can't wait to see our Indians in them Friday night! :helmet:

bark

1,000+ Posts
I know that had to be a huge expense, 60 or so helmets and pants. But if it motivates them, I. Am for it.

I was thinking about it this weekend -- our baseball, golf and football teams could have a monumental year. The outstanding pitcher we have (Leghet, or something like that) Morse in football and the Bailey kid who is ranked like 30 in the nation show just how great this group is.

Really, we have a shot at State in baseball, football and golf. :clap: :pistols: :band:

NDN06

100+ Posts
I believe he said we got the pants last year (just never wore them), and he "got the opportunity to get new helmets" so he did. He said the kids were really excited about the new gear. Not that this group really needs anything to get them pumped up to play, but they sure do deserve it! You can tell they have been working their butts off. We certainly have some tremendous athletes at the Reservation this year! :woohoo:

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Nothing wrong with having more than 2 uniforms. Also, this is newer helmet's. To me that means safer helmet's available. Seems like every year the helmet manufacturers come out with a better and more safer helmet. To bad all school districts can't get new helmets every year. PNG is blessed with this opportunity. Between budget money and the Booster club and possibly donations, PNG shows their support of the athletic department. I think they are very nice and I do like the colors. Remember tradition didn't start in the 70's. I think its great BF, stafff and players are honoring the 50's state champs. If this doesn't show tradition and respect then I don't know what will.

bark

1,000+ Posts
I agree pngfan66 it is good for the safety of our athletes. and it should start with the 53 team -- they were the original State Champions.

we certainly do support our football team. only Allen and Lake Travis, I am told, have these throw back uniforms.

I am all for it. :clap:

PNGDAD15

Pictures from tonight's game and past games at Png Tribune Facebook page. Please thank them for doing this on their own.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Looked great! I know the other guys were horrible but leave out the 90 yarder and damn they looked good! :punchingbag: :pistols:

Looks like we have Halfins heir apparent in Jace Runnels. I have heard there is a qb ready to come up in a couple of years for Morse, may have another 53-55 and 75-77 run. That's the way it rolls. McNeal stepped up and had a Giblin type performance- which is encouraging.

Hope the injury bug goes away.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
This is a special team loaded with talented players with good character that seems to have a good bond. That is apparent in every player interview I've seen or heard. If they can avoid any more major injuries and keep improving, watch out 5A!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores