Next Week: LaPorte Bulldogs

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
1977 was the first and last time the Indians played LaPorte. That was a big 34-13 win in the Dome for the regional championship.

47 years later the two teams will meet again next Friday.

The Bulldogs have lost a couple of close games to start the season, but nevertheless will present the toughest challenge yet for the defending state champion Indians.

Xcrystalbeachbum

100+ Posts
First game for the Indians at home this season...sorry Bulldogs but it's gonna be a meat grinder for ya. That OL started to fire on all cylinders in the 3rd quarter. Running backs starting to feel it, looking for that first contact. Packing the box with 7/8 players ain't gonna help ya. Home crowd(8500) will be large and loud....brutal is the only way to describe it.

Last edited:

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Laporte (like PN) is chocked ful of post war houses that are relatively well taken care of and have (for the most part (less in LP than PN) good people in them
Where most places the houses built in that era have become ghettos
Lots of houses without fences engulfing yards (which you don’t see most places) of course the refinery workers and Port had influence
Laporte probably has more seedy elements than PN but there is definitely a similar feel to the two areas (then again Texas City also reminds me somewhat of PN)

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The older parts of Groves are leaning more so that way than Port Neches. Many of the houses built in the 40’s and earlier for the influx of refinery workers are in bad shape and valued to match.

100+ Posts
This will be the first real test, I think. Not taking anything away from Klein, but I don't think LP will be turning the ball over so much.
Also hopefully the first home game hoopla won't be a distraction.

CS

100+ Posts
Someone from LP on the other board said a lot of them are tired of traveling everywhere.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
LOL they’ve been to Kingwood (25-30 miles) and Deer Park (5 miles or less don’t even have to get on the freeway) right up Spencer)
But it is strange that they have that brand new stadium and no home games yet.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Ok I thought it was finished looks like it’s not yet
But that’s smart scheduling these away games this year so that they have all three home games to start next season.
I bet they show up they’re just belly aching. Ha

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I knew this but forgot
They played all their home games last year at Barbers Hill so that’s what they’re talking about I get it.
I can’t seem to find whether they’ve opened the new stadium yet

CS

100+ Posts
I knew this but forgot
They played all their home games last year at Barbers Hill so that’s what they’re talking about I get it.
I can’t seem to find whether they’ve opened the new stadium yet
Their new stadium is not finished. I saw video from it somewhere in August and it didn't look close.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Yes 7/10 of their games this year are away
Even their 3 home games I assume they play at BH
Should pay off having all those home games next year.
$54 million on the stadium.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores