Noise in new stadium

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Nederland's speakers were plenty loud and played a lot of loud music. (some obnoxious) I'd like to see our speakers used to play Cherokee and the Tomahawk Chop songs to keep our fans focused. We did it once and it was very effective and never did it again. If other schools do it, why can't we? Also, while I'm on this topic, why doesn't UIL ban mechanical noisemakers such as ballbearing drums (a copy from Stephenville) and cow bells or air horns? Our fans make plenty of noise without mechanical noisemakers. Any thoughts on this?

pngbax20

100+ Posts
We need something that's for sure.was sitting on the 20 on the scoreboard side away from the band couldn't hear a thing.I know sound doesn't travel sideways but never seemed to be a problem in the past.About the speaker a home I hope they install more then just a vocal horn like nederland has playing music thru that sounds really bad and if they keep it up they'll have to buy a new one in a year or two.talked to 2 of my friends that were in the band when they went thru PNG and they couldn't believe the size of the band.its seems more here lately the kids just care and less and less are in after school events

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I agree totally squaw....if we don't do it any other game, they need to let us BLARE Cherokee and the War Chant through the speakers to welcome everyone..especially Livingston to the NEW Reservation!! Oh, didn't they say the system wouldn't be ready this game? If not, then maybe we can break it in against Lumberton!! I think it is a GREAT idea and we need to do it! This stadium has been a LONG time coming and we need to break it in right....start some new traditions, these kids and the community deserve it, especially after dealing with the hurricane and now, losing to Nederland! Bring it on!! :woot: :woot:

NDN4Life

Scalp Em Indians
People that go to the game and sit on their hands, it won't matter what you play out of the speakers

footballfan

the people that just sit there are not true indian fans. It makes me so mad. I wanted to just start yelling at people and tell them to stand up it pretty bad our cheerleaders have to hold up a sign telling people to stand up during cherokee.

seawolfe

:band: ever been to a real pow wow? ever stood close to a pow wow drum? think what a couple of real pow wow drums would sound like over the speaker system being played by cheerleaders or indianettes.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Many high school football athletes would love to play in front of as many people that attend a typical PNG football game. Some fans are getting up in years and the fact that attend the games speaks volumes for their support of the of the school, regardless of whether or not they are yelling constantly.

allstarmom

100+ Posts
pngbax20 said:
We need something that's for sure.was sitting on the 20 on the scoreboard side away from the band couldn't hear a thing.I know sound doesn't travel sideways but never seemed to be a problem in the past.About the speaker a home I hope they install more then just a vocal horn like nederland has playing music thru that sounds really bad and if they keep it up they'll have to buy a new one in a year or two.talked to 2 of my friends that were in the band when they went thru PNG and they couldn't believe the size of the band.its seems more here lately the kids just care and less and less are in after school events

I have to disagree with your last sentence. It is not that kids care less and less, it is that they are involved in more and more. My neice was in the band last year, but had to drop out because she plays volleyball, basketball, and softball and most (if not all) Friday nights are spent playing sports and she could not be in band anymore. I know that is not the case for all, but for a good many it is.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores