Ozen Game Schedule Conflict

bandkid

Staff member
It seems that the band may not be at the Ozen game, or at least may be very late. The Region X Marching Competition is being held on the same day. Kickoff for the Ozen game is at 3 PM, but that's also the earliest time that any 4A band can compete, and the latest time that we might be able to compete at would be around 5:30 or 6 PM, which would be around the time that the game would wrap up.

Ideas have been tossed around. One idea was that the band switch spots with a 1A or 2A band (since both divisions perform in the morning). Unfortunately, UIL rules state that each band must compete with its own division, and, as I mentioned earlier, our division performs during game time.

So, it looks like the band will either be late or absent. The only other idea I can think of is to have Ozen and PN-G play at the Reservation (which I doubt they will agree to) or at a neutral site (such as Babe Zaharias stadium, if it's still standing in October) on Friday night since the only reason we're playing them on Saturday is because West Brook will be using their new stadium on that Friday. BISD might be open to the option of playing at a neutral site since Ozen's band will have the same problem as ours, but you never know; we're talking about BISD here.

Any thoughts?

OldEagle

500+ Posts
NDNTime has the right idea. The PNG-Ozen is the only game scheduled that day. Probably too hot at 3pm anyway.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
I am sorry, but PNG football without the band, is kinda like our PNG fans showing up in black and gold! OK, Bandkid, do you magic and get the time changed!!

bandkid

Staff member
pngmom4 said:
I am sorry, but PNG football without the band, is kinda like our PNG fans showing up in black and gold! OK, Bandkid, do you magic and get the time changed!!

Well, thanks for the vote of confidence, but I wouldn't have the slightest idea for how to do that. I assume that Coach Faircloth and Ozen's head coach set the time. Would an e-mail to him do the trick? Does someone (perhaps an officer in the Athletic Booster Club) need to call him or talk to him in person?

lu cards

100+ Posts
NDNTime said:
Or just push the game time back until 730..
lamar has a home game that night.i bet there will be over a thousand png fans that will be lamar season tickets holders.it would really stink to have to choose.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
On the schedule I got with my season ticket renewal info it listed the game as a 7:30 start time.
I agree with you biaplayer...there is no question which game to attend between PNG and Lamar. Actually, there is no game I would go to instead of a PNG game.

bark

1,000+ Posts
I believe that BISD will be receptive IF in fact their band will be impacted too.

They are really proud of the - um? - halftime display they do, so that might be the deciding factor.

If the Band event time was known at the time the football game was scheduled either/or Princpal Keith/Ozen's Principal or UIL Cord. BriggsBISD UIL peeps shoud DEFINATLEY have been in the loop and caught it.

That is the bottom line

OldEagle

500+ Posts
The 2010 Varsity Football schedule on the PNGISD web site now has the Ozen game at 7:30pm. So as ndnsrock44 alluded to earlier after getting their tickets, the game time apparently has been changed.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Whew! Hope so. I'd sure like to have to choose--NOT! We have tickets for Lamar's game, but with us it will always be the Indians first.

NDN79

500+ Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about a schedule conflict and game time--they probably won't have the field ready by the time we are supposed to play there. They already have a back-up plan to have The Babe and Durley stadium ready for games.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores