Pep Rally!

OldEagle

500+ Posts
From the PNGISD web site:

There will be a community pep-rally at 6 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 26 in the PN-G High School competition gym.

We need to pass the word and get a big turnout as there will probably be fewer students then usual due to no school Friday.

Proud Band Mom

100+ Posts
Hopefully we can all pitch in and decorate Merriman from Jack in the Box to the High School. We need a blizzard of purple and white for our kids to see before the rally. Hope you guys can help! :)

snaidni

Just curious....why are the pep rallies so flat? There is no "pep" to the pep rally. We had a packed house come out in the middle of their holidays and the community pep rally lasted almost 15 minutes. The crowd that comes to the games stand and cheer and scream and chant and pretty much lead the cheers just seems the pep rally would reflect that same atmosphere. What happened to screaming competions between the classes and football players giving talks? skits and cheerleaders firing up the crowd. Our crowd wants to be fired up and if you ask the boys they get fired up from the fired up crowd....Just curious. No offense to anyone involved or in charge.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
Since there wasn't any school this week, the pep rally probably lacked some planning. I thought it could have been longer. However I am sure the great turnout impressed the players.

NDN53547781

snaidni said:
Just curious....why are the pep rallies so flat? There is no "pep" to the pep rally. We had a packed house come out in the middle of their holidays and the community pep rally lasted almost 15 minutes. The crowd that comes to the games stand and cheer and scream and chant and pretty much lead the cheers just seems the pep rally would reflect that same atmosphere. What happened to screaming competions between the classes and football players giving talks? skits and cheerleaders firing up the crowd. Our crowd wants to be fired up and if you ask the boys they get fired up from the fired up crowd....Just curious. No offense to anyone involved or in charge.
snaidni said:

NDN53547781: I have DEFENDED the band on this we-site , however the formation of PN-G was good last night. BUT what has happened. The Manvel band played almost continuelly and our band didn't. I really think our band should play more during the games, I don't care if offense or defense is on the field I think PN-G band should be playing our fight song, drown out the other band, I know you have the volumn to do it. It would have been nice last night if the band had partcipated more. At one game in past years Cheeroke was played around 200 times during the game and out lasted the drums of the S.A. team that we were playing. This kept the crowd on their feet and involved with the game. There I have said I peace. ndn53547781 (OLD Band Member of the 50's)

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores