Play-off game site?

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Nope...it's not.

WOS has it for Friday, and, for some reason, Lamar wants to play there Saturday. weird

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
If LU Stadium is full I can understand that, but BH is close to Stallworth Stadium so that venue is in reality a home game for them.

NDN Forever

I heard tonight from a pretty good source that we will play at "The Butch" (BISD Stadium)7:30 Friday. I don't know if we're home or visitors. I assume that was BF's choice for home stadium.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
It's a 10,500 seat stadium with equal seating on both sides.

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=1288

NDN79

500+ Posts
The 1st rd. or two of the play-offs are always a struggle to get a stadium. So many schools are out there competeing to get a stadium with enough capacity for their fans, and yet not be too far away or give the opposing team any kind of advantage. If it is the "Butch"--then we will have to show up early and fill up both sides ;D ;D

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
1st round playoff games ... I'd play at BISD ... seating won't be a problem for a bi-district game. The big turnouts come after the bi-district and area rounds. But, if the Indians get 3+ rounds deep (regionals, quarters, or semis and beyond), then you will see out-of-town alumni and other area schools jumping on the PN-G bandwagon ... and then you will have stadium concerns. If we get 3+ rounds deep, you will see 25,000 or 30,000 Indians in the stands. Go take over the BISD stadium and get a good bi-district win. Stay on a roll Indians ... win the next 2 and you see will purple and white like its 1977 or 1999. If the Indians can roll the next 2, BF won't have to call stadiums to host the Indians, the stadium directors will be calling PN-G and begging them to bring their 25,000 or 30,000 fans. It's nice to have these "problems" ... great job by our coaches and kids. They have found their stride. Kudos to Coach Kroeker for moving #33 to MLB, putting the Soph in the secondary, and allowing #8 to emerge as the leader in our secondary. The defense has jelled and matured exponentially since we played the "other" Mid-County school. Just bend a little, but don't break. And, the offense, well, it's on fire ... en fuego. The next 6-weeks could be fun. It all starts with a practice next week and a great effort next Fri/Sat vs. Barbers Hill. Be excited Indians, play hard, play fast, and continue to believe.

Go Indians. Peace.

shovelhead

100+ Posts
1989NDN said:
1st round playoff games ... I'd play at BISD ... seating won't be a problem for a bi-district game. The big turnouts come after the bi-district and area rounds. But, if the Indians get 3+ rounds deep (regionals, quarters, or semis and beyond), then you will see out-of-town alumni and other area schools jumping on the PN-G bandwagon ... and then you will have stadium concerns. If we get 3+ rounds deep, you will see 25,000 or 30,000 Indians in the stands. Go take over the BISD stadium and get a good bi-district win. Stay on a roll Indians ... win the next 2 and you see will purple and white like its 1977 or 1999. If the Indians can roll the next 2, BF won't have to call stadiums to host the Indians, the stadium directors will be calling PN-G and begging them to bring their 25,000 or 30,000 fans. It's nice to have these "problems" ... great job by our coaches and kids. They have found their stride. Kudos to Coach Kroeker for moving #33 to MLB, putting the Soph in the secondary, and allowing #8 to emerge as the leader in our secondary. The defense has jelled and matured exponentially since we played the "other" Mid-County school. Just bend a little, but don't break. And, the offense, well, it's on fire ... en fuego. The next 6-weeks could be fun. It all starts with a practice next week and a great effort next Fri/Sat vs. Barbers Hill. Be excited Indians, play hard, play fast, and continue to believe.

Go Indians. Peace.
#8 was all over the field last night, and doing some good hitting and tackling. Also, our WRs are going both ways. Gizzi put the stop on a couple of plays with good hits/tackles.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Agree that first round playoff games do not draw big crowds, but....if the game is held locally at BISD that Indian fans would easily fill up the 5000 seats on one side.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
7:30 start Fri. night at the Butch is correct. I know some think its big enough, but I have my doubts. Remember we will have to give the first 1,000 to the band, Indianettes, and other students which will leave only 4,000 for the fans. I was also told that they are only allowing season ticket holders to buy the number of tickets in their name and that season ticket fans get to buy first. That said, I wonder if there will be room on the "hills of the endzones" for fans to sit and watch. Hope so.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores