Player of the week for our web sit by vote?

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
What do you think about voting on a player of the week on here? Just trying to spice things up a little Tell me what you think.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Go for it prepballfan. It would be an interesting weekly feature.

Hopefully the players in the trenches won't be forgotten.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
My only concern is that we do say why a player got it, but don't say why other players did not. Last night's victory was the effort of everyone on the team in all three units. Let's make sure not to make this so that some of the players doubt themselves.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
These were my thoughts because Im a firm beleiver in a team wins a game but it also recognizes one or moreplayers who have outstanding efforts I would like there to be full approval from everyone please voice your opinions.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
If you're waiting on a consensus you may be out of luck. ;)

It's just a message board poll.

CardiacKids 92

100+ Posts
Sounds like a good Idea to me. What's the process though? Everyone makes nominations on Friday night/Saturday Morning and then votes?
Should we vote if we don't actually go to the game but just listen on the radio? Seems like you would miss the guys in the trenches...so maybe we vote for offense and defensive Player Of the Game and best linemen of the game. I know harmon had a great game but you can bet your butt that there were some great blocks to spring those big runs! Guess I just love the guys in the trenches :woohoo:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The uninitiated would never know, but the trenches is where the game is won or lost. :flaming: A strong offensive performance almost automatically nominates the offensive line.

The defensive line play is a little easier to judge with tackle, pressure, and sack counts. But I've seen dominating performances that resulted in few tackles. One game that stands out for me is the 1999 game against Nederland in which their all-state offensive lineman Mayhew was unable to move the PNG player lined up across from him. He stood him up and shut down the gaps on that side practically all night.

Seems like nominations should be submitted the night of the game or morning after. The poll is presented shortly after and the results follow.

It's all subjective just like on any other web site or magazine. ;)

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores