Playing teams from different states

Adams

What goes into getting games like these scheduled? This past year we had 2 or 3 teams playing against Florida teams on ESPN. Are they scheduled by ESPN because of National Ranking?
I live in Florida near Ft. Walton Beach and there is a High School down here called Choctawhachee. Mascot? Indians of course.
Just thought it would be cool if PN-G and Choctaw could meet up some day. They have similar traditions/fight song. They have a student riding a horse. Totem Pole, tee pee.
Just a pipe dream... something to talk about.
BTW- their colors are Green and White. (oh, and PN-G would stomp them) :hookem: :texasflag:

bark

1,000+ Posts
Probably need to be a program like Southlake Carroll who was 79 and 1 with 4 consecutive state champs and 1 loss in the big dance for 5 years. There are others around the nation. In 75 there was talk of us playing a team in Alabama, I believe, we were ranked a mythical #3 in the Nation. It never happened.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
Adams said:
What goes into getting games like these scheduled? This past year we had 2 or 3 teams playing against Florida teams on ESPN. Are they scheduled by ESPN because of National Ranking?
I live in Florida near Ft. Walton Beach and there is a High School down here called Choctawhachee. Mascot? Indians of course.
Just thought it would be cool if PN-G and Choctaw could meet up some day. They have similar traditions/fight song. They have a student riding a horse. Totem Pole, tee pee.
BTW- their colors are Green and White. (oh, and PN-G would stomp them) :hookem: :texasflag:

Wow.. small world. I attended Choctaw for a year before transferring to Niceville. (yes, Niceville). Choctaw does have a special spirit similar to PN-G, but lets be honest...nothing beats Cherokee and the PN-G faithful!!

Adams

IBLEEDPURPLE said:
Adams said:

Wow.. small world. I attended Choctaw for a year before transferring to Niceville. (yes, Niceville). Choctaw does have a special spirit similar to PN-G, but lets be honest...nothing beats Cherokee and the PN-G faithful!!
You are correct. It doesn't even compare. I went to the Choctaw vs. Niceville game earlier in the year. Niceville had a decent team this year but nothing like they had last year.
Still would be cool to see PN-G vs. Choctaw.

attakapandn

100+ Posts
i think if we could , play a team from Louisana, maybe lake charles or something around thre.. kinda border game etc.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores