Playoff Half Time show

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
That show was great...Does anybody have a video they can post of it? And will the band do it for the rest of the playoffs...Loved war chant and the PNG...and of course the TIP.

bandkid

Staff member
The "TIP" was unique to this show because we were honoring Tip Durham. However, the shows designed by the section leaders, the "PNG," and War Chant are here to stay. Those are playoff traditions.

I loved the half time performance. The tribute to Tip Durham was fantastic. I will admit that I was disappointed in the UIL competition presentation this year. It lacked the pizazz (?) that our band usually shows. I vote for having the section leaders having some input into planning future performances. They did a superior job.

bandkid

Staff member
The music for each marching season is typically picked out nearly a year in advance, and from what I hear (some of the other kids have already gotten a chance to listen to it), next year's show will be similar to last year's.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
bandkid said:
The "TIP" was unique to this show because we were honoring Tip Durham. However, the shows designed by the section leaders, the "PNG," and War Chant are here to stay. Those are playoff traditions.
The halftime show last week was the most entertaining and fun to watch since sometime in the 80's. Best of all, it was clear to us fan that the band was thoroughly enjoying it, also. Thanks for the memories.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Loved almost all of the show. However, I would prefer the twirlers get rid of the chairs and twirl for us. This is just my personal opinion so please don't go ballistic about it. Can't wait to see the band tonight. I heard something about the Indianettes, however, that concerns me. I was told that the Indianette director (I have no idea who she is) told the girls that if their parents had plans they didn't have to attend this game. I hope this is not true--when my daughter and then my granddaughter were Indianettes they were obligated to attend every game--no excuses! If a lot of the Indianettes are absent, will this affect the band program?

bandkid

Staff member
squaw said:
Loved almost all of the show. However, I would prefer the twirlers get rid of the chairs and twirl for us. This is just my personal opinion so please don't go ballistic about it. Can't wait to see the band tonight. I heard something about the Indianettes, however, that concerns me. I was told that the Indianette director (I have no idea who she is) told the girls that if their parents had plans they didn't have to attend this game. I hope this is not true--when my daughter and then my granddaughter were Indianettes they were obligated to attend every game--no excuses! If a lot of the Indianettes are absent, will this affect the band program?

I heard that about the Indianettes, too. I know that this isn't the case for the band tonight. However, it will be the case for us next week providing that we win tonight, although I don't think we'll lose that many students.

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
squaw said:

This is true, I just asked my daughter. She said they will need a note from their parents.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Yes, it is true about our game against Manvel, but I think Squaw was referring to our game last night and NO they did not have permission to miss that performance, only the one next Saturday as some people may go out of state for Thanksgiving or travel quite a distance away. Mine will be there and we usually do spend the weekend out of town with family but I will be coming back Friday so she can attend the game, but it's not a far drive so no big deal for us. Does anyone know if there are plans for a pep rally and when, my daughter said she doesnt know yet.

bandkid

Staff member
NDNmom91 said:
Yes, it is true about our game against Manvel, but I think Squaw was referring to our game last night and NO they did not have permission to miss that performance, only the one next Saturday as some people may go out of state for Thanksgiving or travel quite a distance away. Mine will be there and we usually do spend the weekend out of town with family but I will be coming back Friday so she can attend the game, but it's not a far drive so no big deal for us. Does anyone know if there are plans for a pep rally and when, my daughter said she doesnt know yet.

Mr. Wells said he would keep all of us apprised of what was going on via e-mail. I'll post what I know as soon as either I or my parents have received something.

ndnbandmom

I do have to say the Indianettes made this show GREAT doing the dancing. Way to go Indianettes! You guys rock! :rocks:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores