PN-G Indians vrs Central Jaguars

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
PN-G has already secured the playoffs this game will not have any bearing on that. The team can win this game if they play PN-G football. Im gonna go with the Indians......what about you?????

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Really great dual threat QB who can scoot out of the pocket. Good RB also. Big phyiscal team

NDNThunder

Does anyone know why the game is scheduled for 2pm Sat.? Ozen is playing their game on Fri. night & Westbrook is playing Memorial in PA Fri. night. I can't find where the Butch is being used on Sat. night.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
NDNThunder said:
Does anyone know why the game is scheduled for 2pm Sat.? Ozen is playing their game on Fri. night & Westbrook is playing Memorial in PA Fri. night. I can't find where the Butch is being used on Sat. night.

Lamar University has a home game at 6p on Saturday, November 1. I believe BISD tries to avoid scheduling HS games at the BISD stadium on I-10 at or near the same time Lamar plays a home game in Cardinal Stadium. An unwritten gentleman's agreement so to speak. HS football in SETX affects attendance at Lamar games. PN-G v. Central starting at 7p on Satruday would easily out-draw a 6p Lamar home game vs any SLC opponent.

Go Indians. Peace.

Bigdog

The Dog
1989NDN said:
NDNThunder said:

Lamar University has a home game at 6p on Saturday, November 1. I believe BISD tries to avoid scheduling HS games at the BISD stadium on I-10 at or near the same time Lamar plays a home game in Cardinal Stadium. An unwritten gentleman's agreement so to speak. HS football in SETX affects attendance at Lamar games. PN-G v. Central starting at 7p on Satruday would easily out-draw a 6p Lamar home game vs any SLC opponent.

Go Indians. Peace.

I see what your saying but I would guess that Lamar sucking has something to do with their attendance as well.

bandkid

Staff member
Bigdog said:
1989NDN said:
NDNThunder said:

Go Indians. Peace.

I see what your saying but I would guess that Lamar sucking has something to do with their attendance as well.

One thing's for sure: there's a problem when local high schools are showing mercy on your ticket sales by not scheduling games at the same time your team takes the field.

png94

100+ Posts
I will be bringing my rolls of pennies to pay for parking. I'm not too enthused about paying for their screw ups. I hope others do the same.

bark

1,000+ Posts
knowing BISD they will take their time and count every penny just to slow us down getting in the stadium!!

one year I had to go back to the car and get my Mother a jacket and they charge every time you go in and out ---even with your ticket stub.

any clue as to why the traffic on this site seems to have dropped off. I really like the conversation, even though I am usually in the minority.

met the guy who made the $150,000.00 donation this past week end at his Class Reunion. nice guy -

NDN06

100+ Posts
SO bummed that I'll be missing this game!! :'( :'( :'( I look for the Indians to take this one, just not sure by how much. Central has a few weapons, but I don't think they're anything we can't handle. I think Central has the talent and speed that we will see later on down the road, so I really like this game for us heading into the playoffs.

Pngrick72

What is the status of Hughes, I heard he is out with a serious injury. He was a major player for our defense. Someone has some big shoes to fill. Here's to speedy recovery for Mr. Hughes, your great effort was appreciated!! Get well soon.

sarge5555

Yes, we do hope that Double Dueces ( 2 2 ) is able to play against Central. He is a very valuable key to that defense and the entire team. His leadership abilities and tackling abilities will be needed. If he will not be able to play, perhaps 34 and 23 can get the job done with some help from 33 if he wanted to step onto the other side of the ball. However, I can say this.........it's gonna be showtime from the moment the PNG Indians arrives at the field. Central will try everything that they can do entice the defense so that the flags get thrown on PNG. Let's just hope that the referree group from the PNG VS WOS does not show up at the Butch on Saturday to officiate. The PNG offense will light up the scoreboard and the defense will prevail as they will stop Central not once but twice on 4th down tries. Goal line being one of them........ If you want some of the action, come to the Butch Stadium and prepare for a good game. All I gotta say is this......play until the whistle blows on each play. 125%.
Go Indians!

bark

1,000+ Posts
: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
I was told MRI today, as of yesterday -- out for tHe season.

Per one of the coaches I saw.

The Brown kid is ok for this week he said.

Hopefully they can fill in like they did with Giblins injury. All I know is I can't think of anyone , on our team, that is close to as valuable as Hughs.

Only wobbles would be for recruiting especially Giblin who is one of the few of our athletes that has the size to play at the next level.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
NDNThunder said:

There is a new UIL rule that says all Saturday games (reg. season) start at 2 pm. This helps the coaches, who have to review that day's game, and build a game plan for the next game, which usually takes 10-12 hrs.

Actually has NOTHING to do with Lamar's game.

crittergitter

sarge5555 said:
Yes, we do hope that Double Dueces ( 2 2 ) is able to play against Central. He is a very valuable key to that defense and the entire team. His leadership abilities and tackling abilities will be needed. If he will not be able to play, perhaps 34 and 23 can get the job done with some help from 33 if he wanted to step onto the other side of the ball. However, I can say this.........it's gonna be showtime from the moment the PNG Indians arrives at the field. Central will try everything that they can do entice the defense so that the flags get thrown on PNG. Let's just hope that the referree group from the PNG VS WOS does not show up at the Butch on Saturday to officiate. The PNG offense will light up the scoreboard and the defense will prevail as they will stop Central not once but twice on 4th down tries. Goal line being one of them........ If you want some of the action, come to the Butch Stadium and prepare for a good game. All I gotta say is this......play until the whistle blows on each play. 125%.
Go Indians!

why wouldn't you want the officials from the WOS game there?

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores