PN-G Injuries

kfdmcoop

100+ Posts
No one said anything about a baseball athletic period. Yes, they are all in athletics and they are participating in the football offseason program. Anyone that is playing football next year has to participate in the offseason program. Right now PNG is nursing injuries to Spikes,Benoit,Sweetingham,Denzlinger, and a slew of others with dead legs. Don't believe all of the names above are related to the offseason workouts or not. This information came from a few of the player's. As sore as they are, they are pumped up about where PNG athletics are headed. They seem to really like Faircloth even though he is working the s--t out of them. Stone has a pretty brutal running regiman also. It has worked for a long time! Go get'em INDIANS!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Please remember not to post only a link when you can easily provide the information in the post yourself. I have illustrated how to do this in your post so you can visualize what I am talking about.

According to the last scores I saw, we're still winning!!! :cowboy:

NONS81

I know of one of those kids that is having to go to the doctor today for an injury - not good for the baseball aspect of it.

png94

100+ Posts
Some of you people are just rediculous. You whine to get a new head coach, now you're whining about him workin the kids harder than they've ever worked. The baseball team is gona be ok!!!

NONS81

png94 said:
Some of you people are just rediculous. You whine to get a new head coach, now you're whining about him workin the kids harder than they've ever worked. The baseball team is gona be ok!!!

Whatever, I love how everyone is ridiculous when it is not what you want to hear.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
It looks like we're still winning:
PNG 25
Ozen 0

How exactly is Faircloth's conditioning hurting the team?

NONS81

pngfan93 said:
PNG 25
Ozen 0

They played Ozen, we could have put all of us(people on this forum) on the field and won that game.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
NDNS81 said:
pngfan93 said:
PNG 25
Ozen 0

They played Ozen, we could have put all of us(people on this forum) on the field and won that game.

That's incorrect. Ozen's baseball team has been on the u lately, even going to playoffs here and there.

NONS81

pngfan93 said:
NDNS81 said:
pngfan93 said:
PNG 25
Ozen 0

When?

That's incorrect. Ozen's baseball team has been on the u lately, even going to playoffs here and there.

91ndn

let me guess..people are saying that he is too hard the way another great coach by the name of malone was...give me a break...he needs to work these kids hard...good ol mb never did... keep it up coach faircloth bring us a state championship

NONS81

91ndn said:
let me guess..people are saying that he is too hard the way another great coach by the name of malone was...give me a break...he needs to work these kids hard...good ol mb never did... keep it up coach faircloth bring us a state championship

Atually no, that is not what is being said, however, you have football players that are also baseball players and don't need to be hurt from spring training while they are trying to play another sport - my opinion - let Stone decide what they need to be doing while they are playing baseball, when baseball is over then the football coach can have them, plain and simple.

And you are right, they have never been through the type of workout that they are getting right now - but players from the 70's and 80's did, it is time to get back to that mentality.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Personally, I feel that having the players in excellent physical and emotional condition will benefit ALL the sports programs. I can't recall a sports program that calls for the students to be out of shape. When a player is in shape there are actually less injuries than when players are weak. It's a good thing that Coach Faircloth is doing with his off season work. Keep it up.

allstarmom

100+ Posts
I agree with Squaw on this one. I am very sure that Jay Stone has his finger on the pulse of what his players are doing at Spring Training. I know for a fact Coach Faircloth knows what is going on in the baseball world as he has been at every varsity game.

NONS81

I refuse to argue anymore...but I do want to make it clear that I believe that this spring training will benefit all the players, eventually.

badndn

500+ Posts
I think we are talking about a one year issue here. It's just the adjustment that is hurting us this year a bit. Next year when these kids bodies are used to the physical nature of the offseason program this will not be a big factor and will actually benefit the baseball players. Remember folks, Faircloth was on Scholarship at SHSU for baseball! I am sure he has a keen interest in the program and wants them to be a success. I like the fact that he is at the games. It will be nice to see him at the MS football games next year and I would not be surprised if he showed up to watch some PW football from time to time as well ala Dan Ray Hooks at WOS. The youngsters love it when the Big Cheif comes to watch them. Makes them want to work harder. It's all about building a program and not just a team!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores