PN-G vs. Livingston

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Wow, you can tell this is an off week. The forums have really died down. Let's hear it about Livingston. What are their players like? How do we match up? At least we don't have to play them in Livingston this year!!

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Well its hard to say what Livingston has this year. I know they are undefeated so far and have put up some impressive numbers. Heard they are big up front with a smack your face defense. Thats from what i've gotten off the other site. Its always hard to have good info on Livingston. They apparently play this Friday night. So ............ Guess we will have to see what happens there.

indian17

Don't know about impressive numbers, after two games the have a total of 556 yards and have completed 1 pass. While through 3 games we have around 1030 yards. they would have to have almost 500 yards in the game tomorrow to catch up.

Also the competition they have played so far could be suspect. Jasper is young this year and winless, Houston Washington is winless also.

Who knows, Faircloth mentioned at the booster club meeting that all the coaches were going to watch the Livingston game in person so I believe we will be well prepared for them come next week.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Wow I thought they had a high powered offense. Two games with that yardage on the ground isn't bad though. But I guess the teams they have played haven't been a test for them. To me its kinda like LCM and Lumberton schedule for pre-district. Play the games you know you will probably win. I'm glad to hear that the coaches will all be going to the Livingston game to scout.
I know Livingston runs a wing-t like Vidor. I wonder if Livingston will try and open up more passing this weekend in prep for district.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
This is an observation rather than criticism. One difference in this years team that stands out is that, running a 3-4 defense, the middle seems a little softer. If a quick running back finds a seam he's going to go for 10 yards or more. Nothing that the coaches can't correct though. And they might be holding their cards close for district.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
Wow I thought they had a high powered offense. Two games with that yardage on the ground isn't bad though. But I guess the teams they have played haven't been a test for them. To me its kinda like LCM and Lumberton schedule for pre-district. Play the games you know you will probably win. I'm glad to hear that the coaches will all be going to the Livingston game to scout.
I know Livingston runs a wing-t like Vidor. I wonder if Livingston will try and open up more passing this weekend in prep for district.
[/quote
Our District is one of the strongest in the state. LCM and Lumberton usually give us a run for our money. In either game, I wouldn't count them out or call it a win unless or until all the time is off the clock.

pngmom

From what I read Livingston won 40-21 against Huntsville. They are now 3-0. Hopefully next week they will be 3-1. :helmet: :clap:

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I've heard they have played a very soft pre-district schedule. If Livingston is a primarily run team then I'm sure our D will be changed up front. I'm curious as to how good their D is this year.

NDN79

500+ Posts
I know that a big part of the coaching staff was at the livingston vs huntsville game to scout them. I'm sure they will have a great game plan to get the team ready for livingston this friday. I recall last year we were supposed to be afraid of livingston and their amazing ground game--how did that turn out? :) Oh yeah--we creamed them at their place and poor Quentin Jackson didn't know what hit him!!

PN-G ROLLS THIS WEEK ! ! ! :woohoo:

badndn

500+ Posts
The three teams that they played are a combined 1-10 (and the 1 win came against a team that is 0-3)!

They have thrown the ball 8 times with 3 completions all season.

NDN79

500+ Posts
This game sounds like just the thing we need to get off to a great start in district. A one-dimensional running team is just what the doctor ordered to get back on track--and stay there!!

pngfan66

500+ Posts
NDN79 said:
This game sounds like just the thing we need to get off to a great start in district. A one-dimensional running team is just what the doctor ordered to get back on track--and stay there!!
Don't count your chickens just yet ! I'm sure Livingston has watched alot of film of our D. They probably discovered that we have a weakness in our secondary. OR thats what we want them to believe. So one dimensional may not happen. I bet they attempt to open up their passing game more and test our secondary. They know we are going to stack the line and shut down their running game. My gut tells me they will open up the passing more Friday night. Just my thought. If they do open up their passing game it will be a good test for our secondary. I know they have been working OT in practice on pass D !

NDN79

500+ Posts
I don't think the game is in the bag yet, I was just saying that their tendancies seem to play in our favor. If they do try to start passing more, then that might work in our favor too.If they are not comfortable passing the ball then they may make some mistakes that could go in our favor.They did not get-away from what they do best--running the ball--very much at all last year. That's what makes it fun--anticipation of what's going to happen!!

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
I don't expect our coaches or players to take anyone lightly, especially after losing two games that we expected to win. I think that our boys will come out fired up and ready to hit somebody. Forget the first three games, this is a new season and where our drive to the playoffs and another district championship begins.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
ndnsrock44 said:
I don't expect our coaches or players to take anyone lightly, especially after losing two games that we expected to win. I think that our boys will come out fired up and ready to hit somebody. Forget the first three games, this is a new season and where our drive to the playoffs and another district championship begins.
[/quote
I'm thinking that after those 2 close games we lost, the team is looking at how do we win the close ones ? I can tell you that these boys have been working OT in practice. Several stay after and run routes and the secondary has been staying working of Defensive coverages. They want it bad now ! I can tell by the extra work they put in after practice is over. Also if you know any of the boys on the team make sure you ask them how their grades are doing. We don't want any of our players ineligible due to grades. They only have a few more weeks before the first report cards come out.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores