PNG vs Livingston

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
nissanindian said:
not play like we did saturday

I don't actually think this is a fair comment. No one saw Nederland's running game coming. Once they unveiled it against Ozen, we had a whopping 3 days of preparation. This time we have a week, and hopefully the Lumberton film to review.

Also, I think that the players played the best that they could. The TD in the waning moments illustrates this. They never gave up.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
I think that our guys are going to be pumped for this game. Its the unveiling of our new stadium, its homecoming, and livingston has a long bus ride to get here.

One thing that is promising from tonight: DeRon. Need I say more? He is a tall, athletic receiver. Ned put 9 in the box and DeRon ran the slant over the middle in zero coverage for a touchdown. When there is no safety, we gotta exploit it. He scored two other times with one being a fly right down the sideline and the other being a fade into the corner of the endzone. The kid can run all of the routes. Just his presence on the field should make defenses respect his ability, which will ultimately open up the running game.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
nissanindian said:
im sorry for my post just frustration !!!!!!
\

Don't sweat it! Personally, I thought it was a funny, joking response and took it that way. :) AND, you are not alone. A lot of us are frustrated. I think we'll win this week and "get back to normal". I think both Hurricane Ike and the Midcounty Kindness interferred with Mid County Madness this year. People better beware because we will win a lot more games this year. (I admit to being an optimist)

IndianKen

INDIAN KEN #1 BAND FAN
:welcome: NOT ONLY DID WE HAVE TO PLAY THE BULLDOGS, BUT WE HAD SOME "obama" referees. They wanted change in rules!!! OUR INDIANS ARE TOP NOTCH AND THE GUYS PLAYED HARD, JUST OUTCOACHED.

nederbulldogs#1

PNG is going to be OK. Just throw the ball a few times on 1st down. :woohoo:

PNG will win this week. GO Indians scalp the Lions :punchingbag: (I think Livingston is the lions).

C O Wilson Bullpups

IndianKen said:
:welcome: NOT ONLY DID WE HAVE TO PLAY THE BULLDOGS, BUT WE HAD SOME "obama" referees. They wanted change in rules!!! OUR INDIANS ARE TOP NOTCH AND THE GUYS PLAYED HARD, JUST OUTCOACHED.

IndianKen I'm glad you are OK I read that they sent you to the hospital during the game.

The Obama referees was a good joke ::), bad calls both ways.

The Indians will be fine. See you all in the playoffs.

P.S. Go Bullpups beat Groves Middle School tonight!

akifan94

500+ Posts
Justafan said:
MCM is over and done, time to move on.

What do we need to do this Friday to beat Livingston?

Throw the ball more.
Allow Tatum to check the play at the line if he sees single coverage and no safety help.
Another problem is personnel. We only throw out of one or two sets with certain people in the game. Mix it up.
Go shotgun and 3 wide. Run some draws out of it. Run some drag routes.
Exploit the middle of the field and deep ball when the line is stacked.

Keep you running game going, just don't telegraph it.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
akifan94 said:
Justafan said:

Throw the ball more.
Allow Tatum to check the play at the line if he sees single coverage and no safety help.
Another problem is personnel. We only throw out of one or two sets with certain people in the game. Mix it up.

You're describing a change that takes longer than one week to perfect. I like the idea of Tatum checking at the line though. If they go man coverage on DeRon let him make the play.

Disclaimer: My knowledge of football is limited to many hours on NCAA2009 on PS3, hence my opinion is worthless :)

IndianKen

INDIAN KEN #1 BAND FAN
C O Wilson Bullpups said:
IndianKen said:

IndianKen I'm glad you are OK I read that they sent you to the hospital during the game.

hey C O WILSON BULLPUPS! WHERE DID YOU READ THAT THEY HAD TO TAKE ME TO THE HOSPITAL??? THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS. INDIAN KEN

footballfan

I rhink they need to put the kids back to where they have played since 8th grade. Some of our starters since eighth grade are not even playing. We have some great talent on the benches. We do need to reorganize our defense those short little passes got us everytime. The other teams are going to see they can eat our lunch with the passes. We have to stop those.

akifan94

500+ Posts
PNG NDN Fan said:
akifan94 said:
Justafan said:

Throw the ball more.

You're describing a change that takes longer than one week to perfect. I like the idea of Tatum checking at the line though. If they go man coverage on DeRon let him make the play.

Disclaimer: My knowledge of football is limited to many hours on NCAA2009 on PS3, hence my opinion is worthless :)

Maybe, but we saw the 3 wide against Ned, so it is in the playbook. The OC could give him two simple checks this week. Maybe he already has them, I just have not seen it. But, when we go single WR and 2 TE, he could easily audible to a slant, deep post, or whatever. Throw in an audible sometimes that means nothing. It is not rocket science. We have used the deep post well this year. Mix it up is all.

C O Wilson Bullpups

IndianKen said:
IndianKen said:

hey C O WILSON BULLPUPS! WHERE DID YOU READ THAT THEY HAD TO TAKE ME TO THE HOSPITAL??? THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS. INDIAN KEN

Indian Ken I read it on this board. I am happy to hear you are doing better. Not everything is bad in PN&G my son is a member of BSA Troop 86 in Groves.

I am one Bulldog fan that really wants both Mid-County Teams in the playoffs each year. I really don't care much for the Beaumont Schools.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I am one Bulldog fan that really wants both Mid-County Teams in the playoffs each year. I really don't care much for the Beaumont Schools.

That makes two of us, except I'm an Indian fan. I can't stand the Beaumont schools, except West Brook. But I know several students playing there.

pngbax20

100+ Posts
So does anybody on here know what kind of team livingston has.haven't seen anything on them.I know the coaches will have some tape to watch and study so the team will be ready to go fri night. Just wish everything would be ready at the staduim.

Crazy Indian Fan

Well, Lumberton beat them pretty soundly. Then they stayed toe to toe with Ozen, then it seems Ozen gave up in the second half. So, I'm not real sure what to expect from Livingston, should be a good one! :rocks:

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
It will be the opening of the new and improved Reservation ... PN-G will bounce back from the Nederland game ... MB will have them excited to play and we will win the game. We'll do what we do best, run the power game and play scrappy defense. Indians WIN.

Yes, I know, my post told you absolutely nothing about the type of team Livingston has, the strengths or weaknesses of the Lions, or what to expect from them. Regardless of what they do, we will play hard and get a W. Keep the faith.

Go Indians. Peace.

akifan94

500+ Posts
pngbax20 said:
So does anybody on here know what kind of team livingston has.haven't seen anything on them.I know the coaches will have some tape to watch and study so the team will be ready to go fri night. Just wish everything would be ready at the staduim.

I went to chron.com and looked them up. They very seldom pass and seem to have a poor to decent offense stats wise. Here are the stats.

Total yards First downs Rushing yards Yds/Att Passing yards Yds/Catch (LIVINGSTON STATS) 3 games 266.66/game
800 41 587 5.1 213 15.21

Total yards First downs Rushing yards Yds/Att Passing yards Yds/Catch (PNG STATS) 4 games 352.25/game
1409 70 936 6.08 473 12.78

Player Stats
Comp: Pass completions Att: Pass attempts
Pct: Pass completion percentage Yds: Passing yards
TD: Passing touchdowns INT: Interceptions
Att: Rushing attempts Yds: Rushing yards
Yds/Att: Rushing yards per attempt Long: Rushing long
TD: Rushing touchdowns
Rec: Receptions Yds: Receiving yards
Yds/Catch: Receiving yards per catch Long: Reception long
TD: Receiving touchdowns

Passing
Name Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT
Dustin Harris 12 31 38.71 199 2 6
Josh Henderson 2 7 28.57 15 1 1

Rushing
Name Att Yds Yds/Att TD
Jordan Nixon 46 243 5.28 3
Quinton Jackson 23 167 7.26 1
Keaton Parker 12 50 4.17 0
Dustin Harris 19 49 2.58 0
Undra Holman 7 48 6.86 1
Brandon McGowen 2 7 3.5 1
Josh Henderson 6 -3 -0.5 0

Receiving
Name Rec Yds Yds/Catch TD
Keaton Parker 5 71 14 1
Brandon Prescott 3 54 18 1
Kevin Nettles 2 35 18 0
Josh Henderson 2 23 12 1
Undra Holman 1 22 22 0
Jordan Nixon 1 10 10 0

Schedule

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores