PNG vs VIDOR PREDICTIONS

wacape

100+ Posts
It will be Vidor's power running game against our balanced attack. It's going to come down to turnovers,crucial penalties and special teams. Can we overcome the Pirate's motivation from losing a player???? PNG by 3

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
If our Indians take care of the football and gang tackle on defense, we will be fine. The Indians can only worry about what they control: no turnovers, take whatever Vidor's defense gives you be it the run with Bertrand, Arvie, Womack, et al. or the pass with Miller, Nelson, Chipman, et al., and if we can tackle well on defense, we will be just fine. Work hard in practice this week, stir the passion and excitement for homecoming, play fast and fearless, and be confident that you will make plays. Keep the DL fresh and active against Vidors run game and make tackles. Get excited Indians and go play intense football. Seems to me the Indians are hitting their stride in weeks 6, 7, and 8...if it carries over in weeks 9 and 10, we'll be back in the playoffs for the 3rd straight year under Coach Faircloth. Not a bad way to start your head coaching career at PN-G with 3 straight playoff seasons. Still, lots of football to be played during the next 2 weeks. One game at a time and this week it is Vidor, which always plays PN-G tough...even when the Pirates are in the cellar, they always play PN-G tough.

Go Indians. Peace.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
This is gonna be one heck of a game. Its a must win now for both teams. With Ozen beating Livingston Saturday night, it makes the entire district crazy. So we have to win no matter what. I'm sure our coaches know what they have to do and to get the team ready. I feel they are going to take themselves and the entire team to a new higher level. Lets go boys !!! You can win this battle. Show the pirates we mean business. We have all seen the type of offense they run and know how to play it. I would say the experience is on our side.

75NDNDB

Vidor has a good running game but has very few yards passing this year so they are mostly one dementional as they have been the last few years under Mathews. I believe Faircloth and his staff will be ready for this game as will the Indians. We have improved quite a bit the past few weeks on both sides of the ball, and allthough we cannot underestimate Vidor, we should not be underestimated either. In history, Vidor has allways played us tough but has had a hard time winning at the reservation. It has to be a factor, coming into our house, with thousands upon thousands of screaming purple fans to contend with, especially homecoming! I believe if we can cram the line to stop the run, contain the ends, our secondary is plenty sufficient to cover any passing schemes they may have. I have faith that we will do just that! Lots of Vidor fans judging us by the games we lost and not who we have become so are counting on a victory. I believe that it will be a great game but have to say we will prevail. SCALP-EM' INDIANS!

pngdad8520

100+ Posts
I really think we are going to put it on them ! I know-I know ! Do not underestimate them! Looking at what we did to the teams they barley beat, and the fact it is at our house, I say us by 21 or more! Our kids want this playoff spot and they are going to bring the pain for Vidor!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
75NDNDB said:
Vidor has a good running game but has very few yards passing this year so they are mostly one dementional as they have been the last few years under Mathews. I believe Faircloth and his staff will be ready for this game as will the Indians. We have improved quite a bit the past few weeks on both sides of the ball, and allthough we cannot underestimate Vidor, we should not be underestimated either. In history, Vidor has allways played us tough but has had a hard time winning at the reservation. It has to be a factor, coming into our house, with thousands upon thousands of screaming purple fans to contend with, especially homecoming! I believe if we can cram the line to stop the run, contain the ends, our secondary is plenty sufficient to cover any passing schemes they may have. I have faith that we will do just that! Lots of Vidor fans judging us by the games we lost and not who we have become so are counting on a victory. I believe that it will be a great game but have to say we will prevail. SCALP-EM' INDIANS!
Good post! Wouldn't you just love to play Nederland again?

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I know we ALL remember what happened on our last home game last year! Some Jaguars were scalped, skinned, and ran off the Reservation with their tails between their legs...lol! I think our boys will be ready to do the same to the Pirates this week! There's just something about it being the last home game, esp for the Seniors, that always puts some extra fight in them! We just gotta bring the noise and they'll take care of the rest!

75NDNDB

squaw said:
75NDNDB said:
Good post! Wouldn't you just love to play Nederland again?
you bet I would Squaw! These boys are playing with fire and pride now. lol.

bandkid

Staff member
NDNmom91 said:
I know we ALL remember what happened on our last home game last year! Some Jaguars were scalped, skinned, and ran off the Reservation with their tails between their legs...lol! I think our boys will be ready to do the same to the Pirates this week! There's just something about it being the last home game, esp for the Seniors, that always puts some extra fight in them! We just gotta bring the noise and they'll take care of the rest!

Exactly. Our chances of winning out this year are better than they were last year and we pulled it off then. The Indians won't disappoint.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I think the boys are working very hard in practice this week. They know what is at stake. I know they are not taking Vidor as the team of the past. I look for Vidor to come out and do some things they normally wouldn't do. Like pass more in hopes of catching our secondary coming up to stop the run. I think our boys know what to look for and how to cover it without getting burned. Lets go boys and stay focused and come out and prove you deserve to be a playoff team and a #1 seed in DII.

pngdad8520

100+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
I think the boys are working very hard in practice this week. They know what is at stake. I know they are not taking Vidor as the team of the past. I look for Vidor to come out and do some things they normally wouldn't do. Like pass more in hopes of catching our secondary coming up to stop the run. I think our boys know what to look for and how to cover it without getting burned. Lets go boys and stay focused and come out and prove you deserve to be a playoff team and a #1 seed in DII.
:thumbsup:

75NDNDB

pngfan66 said:
Amen 66! Also, I think Faircloth will have a few things Vidor hasn't seen either!

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I certainly agree. On the other site.... seems to me alot of the vidor fans think they have this game already won and that they will run all over us and not allow us to score much. One of em said Vidor would hold us to under 20 points or less. Some of their comments are very uncalled for as well. I feel Karma will bite them in the butt alot tomorrow night. I see our boys ready. They worked very hard all week and have been very focused. I think they know that their destiny is in their hands and they want the deepest run in the playoffs that PNG has had since 99. Lets put it this way, my son doesn't even want to talk to me about the game. He said to me this morning, DAD ! we are ready, we are fired up ! we know what we have to do too win and we will !!! All week he has been quiet and appeared to have a very intense position about himself. Guess you could say focused. Last night the team got together for a team dinner at a players house. Key word here would be Team and together ! Lets go NDN's your in your stride now ! Keep the intensity, focus and determination going ! Don't let up ! We all support you and know you will win !

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Thanks for sharing info pngfan66...tell your son and his teammates to play fearless, fast, and focused. I'll be listening to the game through pngindians.com and Cool 92.5 and backing the Indians from Houston. My wife thinks it is crazy to listen to a HS game on the computer...my 2-year old twins like the sounds from the computer and I try to bump up the volume when the radio guys play Cherokee...they like the drums and music. They are learning to get excited when they hear Cherokee.

Go Indians. Peace.

nissanindian

100+ Posts
Just about 24 hours to kick off.......sitting here thinking about why i love being an indian fan..........its time like this and moment like this that make me happy i moved to groves and married me a Groves lady cause only PNG INDIAN FANs get this feeling

God I love these Indians

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Vidor fans were thinking and saying the same thing in 2009 when they came to the Reservation. They left with their pirate flags hanging low and full of arrow holes. :laugh:

75NDNDB

IndianFan said:
Vidor fans were thinking and saying the same thing in 2009 when they came to the Reservation. They left with their pirate flags hanging low and full of arrow holes. :laugh:
Good One IndianFan! I remember they broke a long run and scored first. Had me nervous at that point. After that run, that was all she wrote. Defense adjustments were made we shut them DOWN! Hope to do the same tonight!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores