PNGs Oline could be a good one

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
We already know how good Mr Garth is but I hear we may have two more lineman that are really good. Hats off to what our coaches have done to bring the guys along. Great kids and good coaches

prepballfan

Staff member
Ok he is the third piece to what could be a great line for us we have him Garth and the returning center who is also around 275 lbs and being recruited as well

pngfanatic

100+ Posts
Corey Burt played in at least one game at the end of last year - maybe after the injury to Trey Lisauckis. I keep a list of the players that I see in the games and I show him as #65 and he played left guard. If he moves in at one of the tackle positions, this will be one of the biggest O-lines that I can remember. Plus we have John Nichols returning at guard. If we can add a dominant run game to complement Roschon, then the offense will be unstoppable. Plus it would allow Faircloth to run a little clock when we're ahead at the end of games. That's the formula for a long run in the playoffs.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
With this offensive line, the running game is going to be improved. Deslatte is a tough, tough runner with very good quickness and speed, and will run all day behind that line.

Receivers will step up as well.

All the PN-G doubters out there are in for another shock this year.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
I think we will have a more balanced attack out of the backfield this year than in years past. I think we will see A LOT of read-options behind that O-line. Also, give it a few games and the aerial attack will be clicking as well.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Great, great QB at the helm that will be remembered forever, just as past PNG greats are remembered. But it’s an 11 man offense. I’ve seen comments from some that Johnson has no supporting cast, that running backs aren’t utilized, no one can catch the ball, and that RJ will be running every play. I call BS on that sentiment and failure to recognize the team for its positives. Starting with that offensive line that has contributed tremendously to the quarterback and team success over the past two years. This year will be even better.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
With this offensive line, the running game is going to be improved. Deslatte is a tough, tough runner with very good quickness and speed, and will run all day behind that line.

PNG doubters have ALWAYS been there. And I LOVE it when they’re proven wrong. I think this team could be one of the all time greats. You always need a little luck. We scored 40 on the eventual state champs last year. And with a little luck could have made it a closer game vs CS.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Usedtocould said:
IndianFan said:

PNG doubters have ALWAYS been there. And I LOVE it when they’re proven wrong. I think this team could be one of the all time greats. You always need a little luck. We scored 40 on the eventual state champs last year. And with a little luck could have made it a closer game vs CS.
I really think this will be the best team in 20 years (99team good ) and with Roshon and our coaching, really a state champ should be attainable. is the defensive side retuned. I assume we still have the DC from last year.

prepballfan

Staff member
Caoch Templin is back and we have 5 starters back as well. The young kid who will start at DE from last season who was a freshman is about 6'3' and 250 lbs his name is Pattenson. Then we have most all of our secondary back from last season. The O line has 3 270+ guys on it with Garth being close to 300 at 6'4" This line should gell by post season and be the areas best.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
If receivers step up and the defense is even moderately improved.... watch out. Indians will be tough to beat. Everything else will be top notch. QB, RB, OL... and special teams must perform.

Mr. Buddy Garrity

#TitanNation #TitanTempo Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity
I hope Png uses Deslatte more. Shug isn't the only good runner on the roster. Wished they used #20 more last yr (I think it was #20, the kid who housed a kickoff untouched versus Lee last year)

prepballfan

Staff member
Mr. Buddy Garrity said:
I hope Png uses Deslatte more. Shug isn't the only good runner on the roster. Wished they used #20 more last yr (I think it was #20, the kid who housed a kickoff untouched versus Lee last year)

With the large size of the o line and the talent, I see more Deslatte running this season. We will have some strength up front this year

Mr. Buddy Garrity

Usedtocould said:
We just have to get past Manvel and FB Marshall.
tall order cause FB Marshall now has the best QB in Texas for the 2020 class transferred in from Houston Austin HS I'm told: Malik Hornsby.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

True. Although I bet RJ runs often because he wants to run. ;)

Deslatte showed a lot of power, determination, and ability to make cuts in traffic. Given that was his freshman year, it’s only going to get better from him.

Mr. Buddy Garrity

IndianFan said:
Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

True. Although I bet RJ runs often because he wants to run. ;)

Deslatte showed a lot of power, determination, and ability to make cuts in traffic. Given that was his freshman year, it’s only going to get better from him.
Deslatte got a year back? He was a Soph last yr.

prepballfan

Staff member
The kids play with his heart on his sleeve. Hats of to Gavin.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores