Port Neches-Groves vs Angelton @ Mont Belvieu Friday at 730 Pm

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Angelton is 6-5 but don't let that fool you they have played some good competition..... The lost to Richmand Foster 21-14. RF is the team that beat WOS 48-14.

prepballfan

Staff member
Total yards First downs Rushing yards Yds/Att Passing yards Yds/Catch
2969 160 1958 5.35 1011 15.09

prepballfan

Staff member
Angelton likes to run out of multiple under center formations. They throw just enough to offset that about 1000 yards this season. They play good defense and try and control the clock. I like our chances against. I think we can pass our way to victory in this game.

prepballfan

Staff member
Brazoswood 32 Brazoswood is 4-6
Angelton 29

Crosby 34 Crosby is 11-0
Angelton 0

Chavez 0 Chaves is 4-7
Angelton 27

Westbury 9 Westbury is 2-8
Angelton 65

St Thomas 31 St Thomas is 9-1
Angelton 14

Terry 18 Terry is 3-7
Angelton 55

George Ranch 31 George Ranch is 11-0
Angelton 14

Lamar Consolidated 21 LC is 2-8
Angelton 62

Calhoun 6 Calhoun is 7-3
Angelton 14

Foster 21 Foster is 9-2
Angelton 14

Texas City 14 Playoff game Texas City is 7-4
Angelton 21

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I like what I see. They haven't much success against teams with winning seasons. Indians take this one!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Not complaining, just asking...why Mt. Belvieu? Was Stallworth or Pasadena Memorial not available? Per TexasBob.com, Mt. Belvieu holds 8K. PN-G should bring close to that number alone. Or, did Angleton win the coin flip and choose Mt. Belvieu? I plan to go regardless of where it is at...the offense is clicking and the defense is playing good enough for me. Is #5 OK? Ready to go for Angleton?

Go Indians. Peace.

prepballfan

Staff member
I can asure you it was a loss coin flip probably Beaumont for there.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Most opposing schools that don't have great support are going to choose the smallest venue they can to negate the fan following that PN-G has.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Eagles Stadium- 8,000 capacity
barbershilleaglestadium5-e1447602024170.png

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=872

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
We're home team. Visitor side is smaller so we'll have that advantage. Crowd participation was above and beyond at the Dayton game. It was rowdy the whole time where I was sitting. I don't think we've ever played Angleton and not sure how well they travel.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Team cannot take angleton lightly. They have a stout D and several D 1athletes. Their secondary will match up to our receivers very well. Their secondary players are tall like our receivers. There is game film on the internet of angletons last several games. They have a very shifty running back who is explosive once he gets around the corner. They pass more than most run oriented teams. Will be another great slug fest.

Fairlane

100+ Posts
prepballfan said:
Total yards First downs Rushing yards Yds/Att Passing yards Yds/Catch
2969 160 1958 5.35 1011 15.09
Sounds like the irresistible object meeting the immovable force. We have a good run defense.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
The Indians will not take Angleton lightly...the coaching staff will have the kids ready to play and in position to make plays...I do not know much about Angleton except what I can find online, but all of their alleged size and D1 athletes should not intimidate PN-G...I'm guessing Angleton does not have better athletes than what PN-G has faced in 2015 playing WO-S, Ozen, Nederland and Central...the Indians have seen big backs, power runners, shifty/smooth runners, hard nose football players, and combinations of all the things that make RBs very good at the HS level...the RBs from WO-S, Lumberton (Rhodes), Ozen (Boyd and Tyler), Nederland (Krautz), and Central (Whaley, et al.) have prepared the Indians for whatever they will see over in Mt. Belvieu vs Angleton...PN-G just needs to do what it does best on defense, i.e., keep everything in front of them and get as many defenders as possible around the ball...and, when they get there, get the ball carrier on the ground...be around the football...if or when it comes out, jump on it...play defense similar to what you did vs Ozen and Central...hit those RBs...hit them again...keep hitting them until the whistle blows the play dead...Angleton's RBs may get some yards, but just keep going to the football and hit the ball carrier with as many Indians as possible...play hard, play fast, and enjoy the moment.

Go Indians. Peace.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
1989NDN, the arrangement was actually made by a group of coaches, before they knew who was playing.
When PNG played Crosby there 2 years ago, there was PLENTY of room.
#5 is out for the season (torn ACL)

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores