Realignment

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
True. No surprises for 22-5A.

Also, I'm hearing that our pre-district schedule kicks off with Silsbee. We will follow that up with Goose Creek Memorial and CE King.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
NDNTime said:
True. No surprises for 22-5A.

Also, I'm hearing that our pre-district schedule kicks off with Silsbee. We will follow that up with Goose Creek Memorial and CE King.

Silsbee is going to be a tough opponent.

bark

1,000+ Posts
MOM2INDIANS said:
Hate to see WOS off the schedule. They will be kicking Nederlands butt for the next 2 years..lol
:punchingbag:
big question is are WE GOING TO KICK Nederlands butt - I know it is debatable on how important the Ned/ game is -

At least WOS albatross is off BFs back.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
There is no debate in my opinion...the Nederland game is important...PN-G should not lose to Nederland in anything.

BF gets crucified for his W/L record vs. Nederland, yet none of the other coaches do. When is the last time PN-G beat Nederland in basketball or track? Soccer and baseball have been back and forth with Nederland. The golf coach has dominated everyone in Region III. Not sure about the W/L records for the ladies vs. Nederland. Crucify one or do we crucify them all? Just checking. Will For Sale signs being going up in the yards of other PN-G coaches that come up short? Or, do we only do that for the coach that did not attend PN-G or was not born and reared in Port Neches or Groves?

Back on topic: I like the realignment. Does PAM play at Memorial Stadium next to the old Thomas Jefferson High School? District should be a fight to the finish.

Go Indians. Peace.

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
bark said:
MOM2INDIANS said:
Hate to see WOS off the schedule. They will be kicking Nederlands butt for the next 2 years..lol
big question is are WE GOING TO KICK Nederlands butt - I know it is debatable on how important the Ned/ game is -

I will tell you the honest truth, I'm starting to really dread MCM...lol Really thought last season was the season we would do it.

bark

1,000+ Posts
1989NDN said:
There is no debate in my opinion...the Nederland game is important...PN-G should not lose to Nederland in anything.

BF gets crucified for his W/L record vs. Nederland, yet none of the other coaches do. When is the last time PN-G beat Nederland in basketball or track? Soccer and baseball have been back and forth with Nederland. The golf coach has dominated everyone in Region III. Not sure about the W/L records for the ladies vs. Nederland. Crucify one or do we crucify them all? Just checking. Will For Sale signs being going up in the yards of other PN-G coaches that come up short? Or, do we only do that for the coach that did not attend PN-G or was not born and reared in Port Neches or Groves?

Back on topic: I like the realignment. Does PAM play at Memorial Stadium next to the old Thomas Jefferson High School? District should be a fight to the finish.

Go Indians. Peace.
O0
nothing to do with where you are from.. it is ALL ABOUT FOOTBALL -- remember in Texas there are 2 sports --Football AND Spring Training. WHY deny the FACT that MCM is what it is. Trophy, whole week of hype. etc...BTW Ethridge, Malone and others aren't PNG guys.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Whatever the secret sauce is to consistently get those football wins, it needs to be discovered. The losses are not because of lesser talent, and certainly not the level of support or other intangibles. Sometimes I wonder if it's the mindset that is established in the young Nederland players against PNG, and essentially a psychological edge. (Hate, resentment, etc). Someone could write a book about that. :laugh:

Mr. Buddy Garrity

#TitanNation #TitanTempo Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity
1989NDN said:

Go Indians. Peace.
yes we still do unfortunately.

Mr. Buddy Garrity

#TitanNation #TitanTempo Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity
MOM2INDIANS said:
bark said:
MOM2INDIANS said:

I will tell you the honest truth, I'm starting to really dread MCM...lol Really thought last season was the season we would do it.
yall will beat them in a year yall not suppose to beat em. Sooner rather than later ;)

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, PAM still plays in the same old stadium. It's sporting turf, a new scoreboard, and nice press box these days. Still only seats about 10K though.

The big parking lot is still there. Wonder how many of us on here spent time on that empty lot learning to drive?

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
The big parking lot is still there. Wonder how many of us on here spent time on that empty lot learning to drive?
[/quote]

+1...I learned to drive there...go-karts and my first car.

Living in Groves, near PAISD's G.M. Sims Elementary, where some of the kids on the next street over went to PAISD, while kids on my street attended PN-GISD, I spent more than my fair share of time over at the PA Auxiliary Fields (baseball field and track) and at Memorial Stadium.

Go Indians. Peace.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
PNG v. PAM will be an interesting contest, but it won't be like the old PNG v. TJ wars! I think they were more critical than MCM, back in the day.

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
PAM makes this district stronger. Glad to have them. And it sure will be nice to have games right down the road instead of traveling to Houston on a Thursday. Well except for the Lee game.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores