Riding the Yellow Dog

purplewarrior

Chief Touch The Clouds
This is what we called the bus after a loss! IMHO penalties especially unsportsmanlike conduct.Taunting and not keeping your head in the game will get you on that bus quicker than you think!Sure talking smack is gonna be there.So let all that cheap talk pass you by and focus on playing disciplined.I have always believed the smartest and most physical players don't have to tell anyone. Seeing is believing.So let's send Central for a ride on the yellow dog! As someone has already said it's time to start laying the wood!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
purplewarrior said:
"Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
Does anyone know who said "Its not whether you win or lose, its how you play the game" (personally, I think this coach must've been a loser!)
"If winning is not everything, why do they keep score?" - Vince Lombardi (a definite winner, IMHO) I'm not positive it was Lombardi who said this, but I heard it attributed to him.

phetonb

Found a reference to a poem written by Grantland Rice which ends

"Let every game's end find you still upon the battling line;
For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name,
He writes - "not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game.""

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
In the end, if you left your blood/sweat/tears on the field and gave it your all, that's what mattered. If it was good enough to win, then you reap the rewards. But there can only be one winner, and if you gave it your best, then it was not meant to be.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
In the end, if you left your blood/sweat/tears on the field and gave it your all, that's what mattered. If it was good enough to win, then you reap the rewards. But there can only be one winner, and if you gave it your best, then it was not meant to be.
So true--the Lord works in different ways, but if you can keep your head up and walk tall, you haven't lost anything.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
squaw said:
IndianFan said:
So true--the Lord works in different ways, but if you can keep your head up and walk tall, you haven't lost anything.

It's amazing how the sport of football is a perfect microsm of life.

And that lessons learned on The Reservation have made a huge difference in the life of many former players.

purplewarrior

Chief Touch The Clouds
Well said Indian Fan! This 2010 team has really grown IMHO. Being able to come back in overtime and fighting back from a few tough losses has this team ready to finish district. Coach Faircloth has kept this team motivated and hungry.These young men will reach back and never forget this time in there lives.

purplewarrior

Chief Touch The Clouds
What a great effort Indians! You just can't imagine the feeling of being an Indian fan and watchng this 2010 Indian team fight thru adversity keeping focused and sticking with the coaches program!Maybe this next team won't be riding a yellow dog but when you play like this you can bet it's a long ride home for the other team!Fewer penalties,gang tackling and a heart of a champion!This is your time Indians stay focused and playoffs here we come!!!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores