RJ runs for 112 yards on 3 carries against Rice

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

90NDN

500+ Posts
I agree, he needs more touches, but with Bijon at RB1, it's not going to happen :( They will continue to feed him. Sark needs to find another way to get RJ involved in the game plan as he is too good to be sitting on the sideline.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Robinson's standout skills are his balance and quick change of direction. His top end speed is not bad but not impressive either, probably little if any faster than RJ.

RJ is better at pass protection, CAN be a threat to run or throw the ball, is a LEADER vocally and by example, can run through a wall at 220 pounds, and has plenty of agility and speed to break long runs. But the Texas program is trying to pull out of a downward spiral will give the ball to their high profile player no matter what so he can pad his stats and they appease the fans. Much like what happened to Dustin Long at A&M.

I'd like to see RJ transfer to a program that will put the ball in his hands. He's only had 6 runs in the last 2 games. But not likely to happen as he is loyal to the university.

Torino

500+ Posts
I agree, he needs more touches, but with Bijon at RB1, it's not going to happen :( They will continue to feed him. Sark needs to find another way to get RJ involved in the game plan as he is too good to be sitting on the sideline.
True. 5 star players get every chance to show they can;'t do the job.

Torino

500+ Posts
Robinson's standout skills are his balance and quick change of direction. His top end speed is not bad but not impressive either, probably little if any faster than RJ.

RJ is better at pass protection, CAN be a threat to run or throw the ball, is a LEADER vocally and by example, can run through a wall at 220 pounds, and has plenty of agility and speed to break long runs. But the Texas program is trying to pull out of a downward spiral will give the ball to their high profile player no matter what so he can pad his stats and they appease the fans. Much like what happened to Dustin Long at A&M.

I'd like to see RJ transfer to a program that will put the ball in his hands. He's only had 6 runs in the last 2 games. But not likely to happen as he is loyal to the university.
Johnson did not carry the ball or catch a pass against OU last week. He did return a kick. I haven't seen on the field today vs. OSU. Anything going on?

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Johnson did not carry the ball or catch a pass against OU last week. He did return a kick. I haven't seen on the field today vs. OSU. Anything going on?
Sark trying to pad Bijans stats for Heisman

I wished Johnson would transfer.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I’m sick of UT and hearing about Hesisman Trophies this year. Just win.

UT is where talent goes to be wasted. It’s been that way for years. RJ is just in the wrong place at the wrong time. He should be getting more playing time and a chance to build confidence and just have the opportunity to make a play. As it is with very limited playing time in 3 years he’s in the top 35 in yards rushing. If he got as many touches as #5 he’d run for over 100 yards every game too.

Torino

500+ Posts

UT is where talent goes to be wasted. It’s been that way for years. RJ is just in the wrong place at the wrong time. He should be getting more playing time and a chance to build confidence and just have the opportunity to make a play. As it is with very limited playing time in 3 years he’s in the top 35 in yards rushing. If he got as many touches as #5 he’d run for over 100 yards every game too.
Well, he did get 2 plays early in the 3rd as a pass blocker just before Robinson made the TD run.o_O

Justafan

2,000+ Posts

RJ is a more of a prototype professional RB. Robinson will get hurt.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
All the cute cuts and jumps don't play in the NFL. An NFL linebacker who is bigger and faster will time his jumps and break him in half.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I've been a UT fan all my life. But since gaining more awareness of the team and fan base while following RJ's progress, I'm just about ready to cut that loose. That team doesn't know how to win a big game. And I don't give a darn about Bijan Robinson hero day and hearing all the constant Heisman Trophy blathering. Just win and play the players that can also contribute towards that.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
I've been a UT fan all my life. But since gaining more awareness of the team and fan base while following RJ's progress, I'm just about ready to cut that loose. That team doesn't know how to win a big game. And I don't give a darn about Bijan Robinson hero day and hearing all the constant Heisman Trophy blathering. Just win and play the players that can also contribute towards that.
Same

VegasNDN

I was talking about this today at the game with some people that sit around us. No one has an answer, other than the Heisman BS, as to why RJ didn’t play last weekend OR this weekend. They have him on punts, kickoffs, and an occasional play. From what I hear, the locker room is his. Everyone listens to him and he’s a strong leader. A Junior, not a starter, and it’s his locker room. Sark should pay closer attention.
And I fully believe he transfers after completing McCombs business school.

Torino

500+ Posts
I was talking about this today at the game with some people that sit around us. No one has an answer, other than the Heisman BS, as to why RJ didn’t play last weekend OR this weekend. They have him on punts, kickoffs, and an occasional play. From what I hear, the locker room is his. Everyone listens to him and he’s a strong leader. A Junior, not a starter, and it’s his locker room. Sark should pay closer attention.
And I fully believe he transfers after completing McCombs business school.
Well, he carried twice for 6 yards and caught a pass for 5 yards. UTSA defeated Rice 45- 0 today to go 7-0 including a win over Illinois (and 58-0 over Lamar). The UTSA coach is a Texas HS coaching legend--3 state championships at Gilmer. He appreciates Texas HS talent.
Both of UTSAs senior QBs graduate this year. Perhaps an option.

Last edited:

Torino

500+ Posts

Tonight (November 6) the ESPN announcers said that since 2017 UT has recruited and enrolled 70 (yes) 4 and 5 star recruits. Iowa State has recruited 4 4-star recruits and no 5 stars.. Iowa State has defeated Texas 3 consecutive years. Since Darrell Royal, and some Mack Brown years, UT is where good talent goes to be wasted.

Last edited:

Torino

500+ Posts
Well, RJ did carry five times tonight against ISU. Gotta say, Texas so ill-prepared for the game that it really didn't matter who did what. Missed tackles, QBs throwing behind receivers. So many penalties.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores