Rumor on ROJO

Footballfan1209

So their is big rumor on ROJO that PNG doesn't allow early graduation so he can't enroll at UT. So he thinking about transferring out so he can leave early.

Can anybody tell me if that's PNG Policy? I hope this isn't true, but the rumor has been picking up steam. I first heard about it in early December, then 24/7 Inside Texas had something on it, Orange bloods has a topic about and now SETX is talking about it.

Mr. Buddy Garrity

#TitanNation #TitanTempo Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity
Im pretty sure his brother stated during the season that Shug was graduating in December. Thought that was pretty well known already.

bark

1,000+ Posts
I thought the same thing. I have never known a student to graduate in Dec. from PNG. Ned HF etc... 1st question he would need both semester credits for Science. Math. English. History by December.2018

1 simple question will he have all credits in Dec. gets more interesting. Years back Earl Thomas went to summer school in Bridge City to have credit advancement. They don't do that anymore. BISD and Pt Authur may.

So a question to his brother - will he have all credits needed That is an easy answer because he will have to have that plan in effect now.

Also, PNG doesn't accept credit from all Districts.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
So why was he taking classes last summer to get the credits needed then?

twrpng

100+ Posts
Yea Indian Fan I agree take it with a grain of salt BUT it's gonna be interesting how Faircloth plays RJ next year. I can't wait to see how this plays out. Remember don't get this Outstanding young man hurt. Can't wait to see .....

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I think Coach Faircloth might be taking some undeserved criticism on that topic. Roschon is a dual threat QB with speed, quickness, power, and he probably LIKES to run the ball. Heck, he’s on the verge of breaking all the rushing records at PNG in addition to the passing and scoring records. The risk of injury is high because of the way he runs the ball. He punishes tacklers and exposes himself more to injury by staying upright too long when fighting off defenders. But that’s also one of the things that makes him great.

twrpng

100+ Posts
I don't see them throwing deep like they did with riggs last year but I do see them throwing a lot of quick
Outs and slants with the type receivers coming up. I also see Faircloth protecting RJ more this up coming year then the past but it just my opinion too.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
twrpng said:
I don't see them throwing deep like they did with riggs last year but I do see them throwing a lot of quick
Outs and slants with the type receivers coming up. I also see Faircloth protecting RJ more this up coming year then the past but it just my opinion too.

Were does Conners fit into all of this?

bark

1,000+ Posts
prepballfan said:
So why was he taking classes last summer to get the credits needed then?
Like I stated he would have to have credit advancement in the summer For English history science and math.
I am fairly sure PNG doesn’t offer Dec graduation but if he did get all credit they may let him “graduate”

Again it is simple to answer is RJ enrolled in semester 2 Senior English history science and math as we speak if not how would he get the credit? Got to have 4 credits in each subject I am sure his brother would know or any Senior, teacher, coach , principal or counselor at PNG. I don’t know anyone at PNG high school

bark

1,000+ Posts
In reference to PNG advance credit, it is available and they do allow early graduation.

So he may graduate early if he has all credits. Either way he has been a treat to watch. Hope he continues to excel at the next level

bark

1,000+ Posts
New neighbor moved in from Dallas area and wanted to know about Booster club. They have 2 high school boys and are wondering about all that goes with PNG football,

is there still a Booster Club and how do they join?
do they still have meetings with Fairclothe on Mondays in football season to watch and review game film?
who are the officiers?

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
bark said:
New neighbor moved in from Dallas area and wanted to know about Booster club. They have 2 high school boys and are wondering about all that goes with PNG football,

is there still a Booster Club and how do they join?
do they still have meetings with Fairclothe on Mondays in football season to watch and review game film?
who are the officiers?

Bark,
Yes, we still meet on Mondays after the games (in most cases). I wouldn't really call that a Booster Mtg. though. Rarely see Booster Club officers there (that I know of). It's more like a "whoever is interested in PNG Football" mtg. Anyone is welcome (that are PNG fans ;) )

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores