Something I forgot to do last week....

bandkid

Staff member
When I was home last week, I took a walk outside of the band hall before the game and found this in the display case in the new wing:

2011-10-28180149.jpg

The foreign language classes apparently got together and put together a little memorial to Tip Durham. In the picture, you can see his purple hat, his purple and white belt, his purple boots, the letter jacket he received my freshman year, his annuals and several pictures, among other things. There are several flyers taped on the outside of the display case that present facts about Mr. Durham, his life and his service to PN-G.

Personally, I hope they keep up this kind of theme. There's a lot of PN-G history and this seems like a great way to make the current students aware of it. A memorial to Tip Durham is a great way to start.

Thanks, PN-G foreign language classes!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I hope they consider naming the press box or at least the broadcast booth in his name.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Thanks for posting the tribute to Mr.Durham. I missed seeing Mr. Durham's guitar. He always kept it out in his classroom at Groves Jr. High (Woodlawn) during the early 1980s when I took American History from him...plus he was my homeroom and study hall teacher... and he was my bus driver...he was never shy about sitting down with his guitar and playing a few tunes for us when we had a little free time after the day's lesson. He'd sing Big John, or the old Tennessee Ernie Ford song Sixteen Tons...or just an old country and western tune. He had a good singing voice and played a great sounding guitar in class. He was a good teacher, good friend, and good man. PN-GISD was lucky to have Mr. Durham. Thanks again for sharing the picture and story. Good job foreign language students for honoring Mr. Durham. I'm all for naming the press box for Mr. Durham. He loved PN-GISD and the district loved him right back.

Go Indians. Peace.

wacape

100+ Posts
I see he didn't mess around with his class room management. That's a bad A paddle propped up against the table. Bet he didn't have to use it much. :eek:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores