Texas football coach refers to Roschon Johnson as “alpha” leader for Longhorns

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Last edited:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
But now he’s on the big stage and very likely will have a chance to lead at the next level. He doesn’t have to be the starting QB to be a leader in the locker room. His offensive skills have been underutilized to this point at UT. If he can get more touches this season he might just show the world how great he really is. (We already knew.)

90NDN

500+ Posts
If Sark is smart, he will find a way to keep him on the field, even when Bijon is on the field as well. He's just too good of an athlete to not be on the field. Last year, when Bijon was healthy, he would maybe be on the field 1 in every 4 positions it seemed like.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Everyone I talk football with over here in Houston says “that guy is my favorite player for UT” (welcome to the club)

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
If RJ had focused on playing at RB in high school, he’d be further along than he is.
Call me biased but other than Bijan Robinson’s ability to change direction so fluidly, I’d take RJ all day every day. Roschon has a lot of attributes that the NFL wants.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
OB is saying it’s a mild sprain and he’s in a boot. Waiting on official diagnosis to be shared.

Same thing happened to him in high school his senior year.

A comment from OB:

"Roschon's brother posts on IT.

He says he's walking on it and hoping its a sprain (ankle)."

Too bad RJ's brother doesn't have any love for the PN-G Indian fans who adamantly support Roschon. Would be great if he could update us here.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
This is the pits. RJ has been a constant force and contributor, setting the standard for work and efort. Now he's going to lose probably half a season of production, and knowing how UT operates, he may not even get the playing time when he returns. If that plays out, this is the last year I support Texas. He could always redshirt this year or take his extra covid year and come back as the starter in 2023.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores