Thanksgiving Practice

Indian03

100+ Posts
Everyone is invited to attend practice on Thanksgiving morning. Practice will begin at 9:00AM on the field. Bring your lawn chair to watch practice from the turf. The booster club will provide donuts and coffee. See you there!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a blast! Hope it's not raining. Need to hurry and build that student activity center. ;D

15PNG

500+ Posts
I'm planning on bringing my 2 year old down there if the weather isn't bad. When he sees football players, he says DEE-DIN-GEE (PNG). No matter what game we're at. He's said it several times at the RR Stony Point games....... So I'm curious to see what he does. He wants to sit in my lap and look at the PN-G videos, so I'M TRAINING ONE REMOTELY FOLKS!! :clap:

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
It called "Community Practice", and Davis' Donuts will provide kolaches, cinnamon rolls and other goodies. Oak Farms will provide white and chocolate milk and orange juice. If you want coffee, sorry, you'll have to bring your own this yr.

Pull up a chair and cheer our boys from close-up!

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Gotta love it ! Some football before the turkey and football after the turkey ! Can't get any better than that ! I heard that Coach is bringing up some more JV players this week. Probably to let the suit up and have the experience. I have not heard one person complain about a Thanksgiving Day practice. These players don't care, they want to win ! I bet they would practice every day if it meant getting better and more prepared. I am one PNG fan and player Dad who is very proud of all of your dedication and determination, ya'lls desire to work harder than any other team in the state. Your hard work is paying off. Don't settle, always demand more of yourselves and your team mates. I truly believe the only thing that would stop you from going all the way would be yourselves. Don't let any person's comments get in your heads. You guys are champions and you show it every day in practice and in every game. Remember in 99 everyone always seemed to put the NDN's in as underdogs. Look what happened, they played with more heart and determination than every team they played and they won ! People everywhere are putting PNG as the underdog, but you boys are proving them wrong. Keep up the hard work and it will continue to pay off. Leave everything you have on the field and you will win every game from here on out !

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Thanksgiving comes around every year. The third round of the playoffs with a shot at the state title; maybe once in a lifetime if a player is good enough, works hard enough, and has great coaches and teammates.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Great post, PNG66! Just a FYI: In 1975 we were picked to lose every playoff game because they said we were "too light and too bright". Our son was a 169 lb linebacker on that team. That team were close friends and still are. They played one game at a time and were picked #3 in the state the week before the final game (go figure that one???) and picked to lose to Odessa Permian. I told BF that we knew Odessa was gonna lose when Santa Claus came out dressed in black and white. Everyone knows you can't mess with Santa! lol Our boys keep playing one team at a time and when they run out of teams to play, they will be the state champions! This would be a memory none of them, including the fans, would forget. I know they can do it. (hope we don't have Houston officials! lol)

Proud Band Mom

100+ Posts
Squaw,

I was looking for you! Can you help cover Merriman in purple on Friday? Let's gather our friends and cover that street for all our kids!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Of course! Tell when or where to meet you and I'll be there!!! Our phone is listed to feel free to call me anytime.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Thanks Squaw!! I think BandMom is starting around 2. I'll be meeting people in the gym parking lot around 1. So whatever is best for you! Thanks for helping!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
pngmom4 made four large signs and attached them to stakes and she gave me two large rolls of purple and white ribbon that can be used to make bows (which someone else has to do unless you want them ugly! lol). She is going out of town and I just want to be sure she gets credit, along with her daughter, for making these great signs. Do I need to bring a hammer or anything else?

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
WOW! That's AWESOME! Thanks pngmom and daughter! Squaw you can bring a hammer, tape, staple gun, whatever you have. Thanks for all your help...I hope we have a good turnout to help us do this for the kids...they're gonna LOVE it!!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The level of excitement and enthusiasm is reaching '74-'77 and '99 levels. Very cool. :thumbsup:

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Some pics from PNG Thanksgiving practice.

Coach Faircloth watches team.
DSCF0408.jpg

The PNG tent with breakfast goodies. Thanks to the Booster Club, Davis' Donuts and Oak Farms.
DSCF0412.jpg

Jayce
DSCF0419.jpg

Receivers in flight.
DSCF0432.jpg

A beautiful morning to be at Indian Stadium.
DSCF0435.jpg

DSCF0465.jpg

Coaches and Team.....giving thanks.
DSCF0475.jpg

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores