The Best Darn Banquet Ever

sddmbr

I gotta tell ya'...It was truly a classic...Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, you throw in a banquet that's off the charts. Bravo Zulu to all that made it happen... :clap:

The future looks bright for PNG FOOTBALL....

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Synopsis:

Scheduled to start at 6:30, we arrived at 6 and could barely find a place to sit. Everyone was dressed so nice, the men in suits and the ladies in beautiful dresses. There were 2 head tables, one above the other, that held all of the coaches and their wives/dates. Faircloth welcomed everyone, the invocation was given, then we went through a buffet-type line that had salads, veggies, mashed taters, chicken fried chicken, and pan-fryed fish. And the dessert table made it difficult to chose for sure! As dinner wined down, each player (and their date) was introduced on a seperate stage, to the attendees, along with their position, grade and accolaids. Then each perspective coached introduced the designated plyer of the year, i.e. coach Arnaud introduced the defensive lineman of the year, as voted on by their piers (not the coaches). Then the THIRTEEN state academic players were introduced. Next they played about 30 minutes of the highlights DVD, and we ended with everyone singing the school song.

As all of this was going on, there was a silent auction taking place at the back of the room, with a football representing each game this year, signed by all players. The PNG/Central balll sold for ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS! .

It really was a great time, and I guarantee you I will be back next yr. You'd better get your ticket early next year, as it's sure to be a sell-out!

ps and the decorations were fantastic too! As one would expect for a PNG event.

tribesman

100+ Posts
I am still waiting on that credit card number to purchase a football, Proud. Man, you are SLOW in giving out that thing ! ;)

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Oh guys!, I forgot the BEST PART! TRIBESMAN WAS THERE TOO!

I was going to buy one of those footballs with his credit card, but it was declined. :thud:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't seen this information shared yet. The following awards were presented during the banquet. Congrats to all.

Team MVP - Caleb Harmon
Special Teams MVP - Kyler Cross
Best Offensive Back - Brennan Doty
Best Receiver - Blake Reyenga, Spencer DeRon
Best Offensive Lineman - Klete LeBlanc
Best Defensive Lineman - D.J. Schexnider
Best Linebacker - Kane Benoit
Best Defensive Back - Dre Dunbar
Fighting Indian Award - Ryan St. Clair

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores