Transfers?

indianforever

100+ Posts
i have heard the rumor of the junior quarterback from Ozen might transfer to PNG. Has anyone heard of anyone else that might be transfering to us?

pngmom4

500+ Posts
don't know about that one, but I heard we may get a trasfer from Westbrook. Played on JV this year and also plays basketball.

bark

1,000+ Posts
indianforever said:
i have heard the rumor of the junior quarterback from Ozen might transfer to PNG. Has anyone heard of anyone else that might be transfering to us?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have a friend that coaches in BISD and he says both the Qb and a Db that's a Soph., projected as a All-American, from Ozen are rumored to come over next semester.

Torino

500+ Posts
bark said:
indianforever said:

I have a friend that coaches in BISD and he says both the Qb and a Db that's a Soph., projected as a All-American, from Ozen are rumored to come over next semester.

I feel we should be clear on terminology.
PNG ISD does not accept transfer students. If these students are enrolled in PNG HS next spring it will be because they moved into, and physically reside in, the PNG ISD district.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
the one I am referring to does indeed plan to move into the disctrict. They have been apartment looking, new ones only, and have made an appointment to meet with a local realtor.

bark

1,000+ Posts
pngmom4 said:
the one I am referring to does indeed plan to move into the district. They have been apartment looking, new ones only, and have made an appointment to meet with a local realtor.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Both of these are in the process, I am told, of relocating to the PNGISD boundaries. One of them has a Mom that works for a Dr./Hosp. who has offices in Bmt. and Pt.A.

After people have seen our facilities, schools, how Faircloth conducts business etc... I would, if possible, want to live within the PNGISD too.

Look at Nederland they have tons of kids who went to PAISD and now NISD. All you have to do is establish a residence within the District and if they are your Educational Gardian you are good to go. You must show it was NOT for Athletic reasons.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I feel it would take a potential QB at least a good solid year to learn BF's offensive system. As far as transfers go, that's great if they are moving their children into the PNGISD district for the most important aspect, and that is their education. The side benefit is the privilege of playing sports at PNG ! Not complaining at all about transfers, its great to have high quality kids wanting to play in the PNG system. Only helps to make the program that much better. Glad that people around the area are taking notice of our district more and desiring to be part of it. GO PNG !!!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I'm not saying people would move for athletic reasons....... Can you imagine the potential of people moving for our better academics once we build the indoor practice facility. I need to get off my duff and donate for that. ;D

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
There is a possibility from HF at the lower level depending on factors other than school

bark

1,000+ Posts
kid named King from HF in the 8th grade, I heard from another kid at Sam Moores place. Supposed to be a hoss Qb/Rb/Lb/Db/punts/kickoff etc...

Some may know him from select ball.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Torino said:
pngfan66 said:
Any status on transfers ? anyone hear of any other students and their families wanting to transfer ?

Again, PNG ISD does not accept transfer students. If these students are enrolled in PNG HS next spring or next year it will be because they moved into, and physically reside in, the PNG ISD district.

Some districts do accept tansfers--Kountze supplemented its basketball team with them for years--put not PNG.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Your right, transfer with a voucher is not allowed. Let it be clear though - if a student moves into the district we must allow them in. With all we have to offer, I believe we will fall in the same situation as Nederland and the kids form Memorial moving to the Schire Apt.s (Ned. School District) etc...

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
bark said:
indianforever said:

All American?

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
bark said:
kid named King from HF in the 8th grade, I heard from another kid at Sam Moores place. Supposed to be a hoss Qb/Rb/Lb/Db/punts/kickoff etc...

Could also be a big fish in a small pond. I know plenty who have moved to smaller schools, like HF, because they knew they would be able to play (and they did). Yet they knew they didn't have a prayer playing at the school that they were attending. Same thing here, just backwards. They may be in for a shock at the talent pool. PNG has it's share of "hosses" in the 8th grade right now.

badndn

500+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
bark said:

Could also be a big fish in a small pond. I know plenty who have moved to smaller schools, like HF, because they knew they would be able to play (and they did). Yet they knew they didn't have a prayer playing at the school that they were attending. Same thing here, just backwards. They may be in for a shock at the talent pool. PNG has it's share of "hosses" in the 8th grade right now.
Ive seen the King kid play. He is legit 1A to 5A. But I doubt he is transfering. He is best friends with my nephew who is 6'3 in the 8th grade by the way. If Kendrick King were moving to PNG nephew would have said something. Been tryin to get nephew to PNG for a couple years now!! That HF 8th grade group is very, very good at FB and roundball.

Longbow

We talked to Kendrick two days ago (on his birthday). He said he is not coming to PNG and does not know how that rumor got started.

bark

1,000+ Posts
There you have it. The kid is great and will be am asset to HF -great luck to those guys over there. I have a friend who's son coached varsity over there last year.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores