UIL Re-alingment

pngfan66

500+ Posts
:faint: Well our district stays the same. Livingston is still in our district for the next 2 years. Maybe they will add seating in Livingston for the visitors. Don't know when the official schedule comes out. Rumor has it we play Silsbee and WOS for the first 2 games. Don't know about the 3rd game.

90NDN

500+ Posts
Looks like we have more kids now than Vidor does...I saw we turned in around 143x or so and Vidor was @1398 or so. Not sure what Central turned in.

bandkid

Staff member
20-4A Enrollment Numbers:

Central 1840.5
Nederland 1478.5
PNG 1431
Vidor 1398
Ozen 1264
Livingston 1143
LCM 1123
Lumberton 1087

Yet again, Livingston gets hosed.

In other news, Nederland, PN-G and Central all showed gains in student enrollment compared to the numbers from the last re-alignment.

Also, here's a link to all of the 4A districts in the state:

http://www.texasfootball.com/highschool-all-news/view/179759

Several of the districst in Region III don't seem to make any sense.

phetonb

Manvel goes up to 5A, and Lamarque drops to 3A. Also, noticed Stephenville droped to 3A as well.

bandkid

Staff member
Those definitely aren't bad things for us. I personally hope Manvel gets stomped in 5A.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
:faint: Well our district stays the same. Livingston is still in our district for the next 2 years. Maybe they will add seating in Livingston for the visitors. Don't know when the official schedule comes out. Rumor has it we play Silsbee and WOS for the first 2 games. Don't know about the 3rd game.

Not sure about Silsbee, but we will be hosting WOS the next two years.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Ok what someone on the other site put up for us as 3 non district games, Silsbee, WOS and Humble Summer Creek. Don't know if this is correct or what. Just what I read over there.

bandkid

Staff member
Even though two of those schools are 3A, I feel like that's still a pretty good preseason schedule. WO-S is always a quality team, Silsbee is normally pretty good and Humble Summer Creek is coming off of a good season, not to mention that they're expected to do well in a pretty tough district.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
bamakid said:
Even though two of those schools are 3A, I feel like that's still a pretty good preseason schedule. WO-S is always a quality team, Silsbee is normally pretty good and Humble Summer Creek is coming off of a good season, not to mention that they're expected to do well in a pretty tough district.
What I've read is that HSCreek has a D1 QB and a few others on the team, also a young team with most returning for next season, should be a great game. I truly do hope we have more than 4 home games next year.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
Living in the Houston area... I DO hope the Humble Summer Creek game is in Humble. Would love to see the NDN's in a pre-district game!

bandkid

Staff member
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=365

According to Texas Bob, Turner Stadium is the place and it seats 10,200 with the option of 1,300 additional portable seats. If the home and visitor sides are the same size and if they roll out all of the additional seats and put them on the PN-G side, our crowd will be looking at 6,400 seats. That's about the size of the crowd we brought to San Antonio in 2010.

But that doesn't matter to me because I'll be listening on the computer. ;D

PNGfan

100+ Posts
I think the pre-district schedule is very good. With a lot of players gone from graduation, this will test a young new Indian team early. Summer Creek is very good, and in only like thier second season of varsity, they will be even stronger. WOS is one of the top 3A programs in region3, and the Silsbee matup will be exciting. I'm excited for next football season.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Yeah all 3 games will be great test. We do have some seasoned starters from last year on both sides of the ball coming back. I personally feel that with BF and his staff that they could take a inexperienced group and make em contenders in one season. All the boys next year have all been in the system since they were freshmen. So its gonna be fun next year. I think we start Spring ball after Spring break. At least we get almost a month of football soon and then the Purple & White game. That will give us some good looks at what we have next season.

bandkid

Staff member
We haven't placed lower than second in district in the three seasons Faircloth's been here. There hasn't been a Faircloth-coached game yet where the Indians just got hammered; they've been competitive in every match-up despite facing teams with way more talent. If he can take the team he had in 2009 and go 10-0 with them, you can bet that he can take any team PN-G has to offer and make them a serious contender for the district title and a playoff run.

On another note, I noticed that Coach Cary's name was on the list of West Brook applicants.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
bamakid said:
We haven't placed lower than second in district in the three seasons Faircloth's been here. There hasn't been a Faircloth-coached game yet where the Indians just got hammered; they've been competitive in every match-up despite facing teams with way more talent. If he can take the team he had in 2009 and go 10-0 with them, you can bet that he can take any team PN-G has to offer and make them a serious contender for the district title and a playoff run.

On another note, I noticed that Coach Cary's name was on the list of West Brook applicants.
I noticed that as well. My feeling, BISD will hire within the district more than likely. I would really hate to see C. Cary leave. Great man and coach.

bark

1,000+ Posts
[On another note, I noticed that Coach Cary's name was on the list of West Brook applicants.
[/quote]
Usually, it always happens - most teams have 4 -6 year runs, look at us 52-57 and 74-78. Very few Southlake Carrolls etc...out there

After the 75 State title we lost Carswell, Bush, Davis and Nunez - I think.

point is asst. coaches who want ot move up have to move on.

matt is the only PNG coach to go 16 years. I don't know how Neuman has stayed at Ned. with 1 District Champ?

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores