UIL to finally look into illegal student transfers for sports.

HJJ97NDN

100+ Posts
I will believe this when i see it. They will have to crackdown on the "open campuses" for this to work, but they will not touch that. Dave Campbell literally had an article section titled "recruiting" when there was a major transfer.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Anything that can introduce and enforce integrity, lawfulness and common sense behavior in any government or organization is welcome.

There are schools out there cheating the system and obtaining success because of it. Certain schools and coaches are fully aware but do it anyway.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I suspect that a certain ‘legendary’ coach is happy to bring in an edge player to go against Christian and Woolford and another 5A powerhouse that he has publicly voiced the intention to ‘pay back’.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The Port Neches-Groves Indians will focus on being the best they can be, with equal attention to every opponent.
If they achieve becoming the best of themselves, chances are high that they will beat any opponent they face, including any self declared legendary programs. That has been proven once in the past year and can happen again.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
“We fully intend to bring some changes to the process,” UIL deputy director Jamey Harrison told the Dallas Morning News.

Ok, that statement coming from the guy who’s SON plays for LIBERTY HILL is just laughable after how the UIL handled this years realignment!! But, MAYBE they’ll look into that “process” too…AFTER his son graduates in 2 years!! :rolleyes:

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I still say the UIL is out to screw PN-G. There is no justification for putting PN-G in Region II unless the realignment committee members are dumb or blind, or both. That said, if PN-G can stay healthy, the mighty Indians will have a shot to repeat. PN-G can line up with anyone in the trenches. The Indians will not be outcoached. It comes down to health and depth. The district will be a brutal race. At home for Lake Creek and then off to Huntsville...tough. Finishing up at Nederland on October 25, home for Montgomery, and at Dayton. With Prieto on the sidelines, I look for Dayton to make a big jump. When PN-G plays Dayton, both teams should be playing their best ball. After a vicious district contest, the Region II playoffs will be a monster. Whoever comes out of Region II will have been battle tested...PN-G, Lake Creek, Huntsville, SOC, Texarkana, and I'm sure there will be others. Fingers crossed that PN-G stays healthy. I hope we don't get worn down and out. Maybe that's why Coach Joseph is playing lots of kids and different combinations? We will need that next Indian up mentality.

Last edited:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
There are people and programs that envy the support and spirit of PN-G high school. There are people of ill intent who criticize the traditions and image of PN-G when in fact it is they who exhibit the ‘r word’, display intolerance and make false accusations. But I agree without a doubt that some forces were at play to bump PN-G out of Region 3. It was either incompetency, or more than a general realignment.

HJJ97NDN

100+ Posts
There are people and programs that envy the support and spirit of PN-G high school. There are people of ill intent who criticize the traditions and image of PN-G when in fact it is they who exhibit the ‘r word’, display intolerance and make false accusations. But I agree without a doubt that some forces were at play to bump PN-G out of Region 3. It was either incompetency, or more than a general realignment.
Give Liberty Hill a clear shot of state.

HJJ97NDN

100+ Posts
BINGO!! That clear path to the State Championship just might lead them right to US and I TRULY hope it does…lol! But I guess WINNING must not be part of the plan, cause they will likely get EMBARRASSED by whoever they face out of Region II
So, in their little UIL meetings did the potential trilogy of us and SOC not come up? Wouldn't that be such a good story, now they totally eliminated that possibility. Isnt just doesnt make sense putting us in Region ll,

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Liberty Hill will have its hands full with FBM and Richmond Randle. I'd pay to see FBM v. RR and the winner of that game vs. LH. First things first. PN-G vs. Klein Oak. I know nothing about Klein Oak. I read the blurb about Klein Oak in Dave Campbell's magazine, but that is the extent of my knowledge about them. We are going for W #16 in a row. Making a run at the PN-G consecutive win record of 25 by the 1975-1976 PN-G Indians. GO INDIANS!

Torino

500+ Posts
I wonder how "transfer" is defined in this controversy. Students who move their true, physical residences into different school districts or attendance zones, or students who say "I'm transferring" and enroll in a high school in a district or attendance zone in which the child isn't a resident?

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I wonder how "transfer" is defined in this controversy. Students who move their true, physical residences into different school districts or attendance zones, or students who say "I'm transferring" and enroll in a high school in a district or attendance zone in which the child isn't a resident?
I think the transfer controversy is with BOTH scenarios…some of the closed campus districts aren’t enforcing or properly VERIFYING proof of residence within the district/attendance zone for “transfer” students. Then “Open campuses” allow transfers without establishing residency but they have to PROVE it’s not for ATHLETIC PURPOSES by filling out a form required by the UIL that just has several “yes” “no” questions on it…so, how many do you think are actually being HONEST when they answer those questions…it’s a JOKE!
The UIL created this MONSTER when they did away with transfer students being ineligible to participate in Athletics for 1 year.

15PNG

500+ Posts
I suspect that a certain ‘legendary’ coach is happy to bring in an edge player to go against Christian and Woolford and another 5A powerhouse that he has publicly voiced the intention to ‘pay back’.
It’s “ok” though. It’s “inner-city” remember?! And thats the go to for “legendary” - he flaunts it.

15PNG

500+ Posts
“We fully intend to bring some changes to the process,” UIL deputy director Jamey Harrison told the Dallas Morning News.

Ok, that statement coming from the guy who’s SON plays for LIBERTY HILL is just laughable after how the UIL handled this years realignment!! But, MAYBE they’ll look into that “process” too…AFTER his son graduates in 2 years!! :rolleyes:
I live out here by LH and have heard this was intentional- before they knew I am a PNG Indian - awkward silence.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores