(4) #8 PNG (8-0) (5-0)
(1)#13 Beaumont Central (7-1) (5-0)
(3)Vidor (6-2) (3-2)
(5)Beaumont Ozen (3-5) (2-3)
(2)Nederland (3-5) (2-3)
(8)Lumberton (4-4) (1-4)
(7)LCM (3-5) (1-4)
(6)Livingston (3-5) (1-4)

PNG and Central are both in the playoffs. Central is locked in as a D1 representative and PNG is locked in as a D2 representative, nothing will change that.

There's a lot left to decide the 3rd and 4th spots:
Vidor can lock in a playoff spot with a win Friday night at Nederland but could go D1 or D2 depending on who the 4th playoff team ends up being. If that team is anyone but Nederland the Pirates go as D1.

The Nederland/Vidor contest could go a long way in deciding the last two 20-4A playoff spots. A Vidor win and they're in. A Nederland win coupled with a PNG win over Ozen win helps Nederland. It gives the Dogs a 1 game lead over Ozen which is important with Ozen having the head to head win over Nederland.

If Vidor beats Nederland and PNG beats Ozen it opens the door for a cluster to fill the final spot. We'd have Nederland, Ozen, and the LCM/Lumberton winners all at 2-4 with one week to play. You can also add Livingston to the list at 2-4 if they upset Central. If Nederland and Ozen win we'd have 3 teams (Vidor, Nederland and Ozen) all at 3-3 with only 2 spots available. Also, up to 2 teams would still only be one game back at 2-4.

Its likely going down to the wire in deciding playoff positions in 20-4a.

19-4A

(6)Crosby (6-2) (6-0)
(7)Dayton (6-2) (5-1)
(5)Goose Creek Memorial (6-3) (4-2)
(8)Barbers Hill (4-5) (3-3)
(4)Houston CE King(5-4) (3-3)
(2)Kingwood Park (4-5) (2-4)
(3)Galena Park (1-7) (1-5)
(1)North Forest (0-9) (0-6)

Crosby, Dayton and Goose Creek Memorial have all clinched playoff spots. Barbers Hill fills the last 19-4a playoff position with a win over winless Houston North Forest. CE King needs to upset Dayton and hope for a North Forest upset of Barbers Hill to reach the playoffs.

Dayton is locked in as a D2 representative. Goose Creek Memorial and Crosby are currently D1. IF Barbers Hill wins as expected they'll get in as the #2 D2 rep and Crosby would fill the remaining D1 spot BUT if the upsets occur (highly unlikely) and CE King gets in they'll go D1 and Goose Creek Memorial fall down to D2.

Key games this this week:

Vidor at Nederland (Vidor win and they're in)
Ozen at PNG (important game for the Panthers)
#13 Central at Livingston (Lions loss and they're 100% out)
Lumberton at LCM (loser is 100% out)
Barbers Hill at Houston North Forest (BH win and they're in)
CE King at Dayton (King must win and hope for a miracle from North Forest)

As things currently stand this is your playoff standings and matchups. This could change after tonight and Ill continue to update:

20-4A Division 1:

(1) #13 Beaumont Central (7-1) (5-0)
(2) Vidor (6-2) (3-2)

20-4A Division 2:

(1) #8 PNG (8-0) (5-0)
(2) Ozen (3-5) (2-3)

19-4A Division 1:

(1) Crosby (6-2) (6-0)
(2) Goose Creek Memorial (6-3) (4-2)

19-4A Division 2:

(1) Dayton (6-2) (5-1)
(2) Barbers Hill (4-5) (3-3)

First round as it would be today:

Division 1:

#13 Beaumont Central vs Goose Creek Memorial
Vidor vs Crosby

Division 2:

#8 PNG vs Barbers Hill
Ozen vs Dayton

Sorry if any of this is slightly off, 20-4A is still very up for grabs and confusing at this point.

NONS81

I am so glad you understand how all that works!!! I'd like to see US, Nederland and Vidor all have spots!!! Don't really care for Central or Ozen to have a spot, but we already know that Central has one...

NONS81

I would really like to know the answer to the question about raising funds for the trip to the Alamodome - can we do it as private citizens and donate the money to the school to be disignated for this trip? If so, I say we have a link sale every weekend until then!!! Or something every weekend, until we have enough, it is not just travel and lodging that has to be paid for, there is our portion of the use of the stadium and from what Dr. Randall said, it is different than what we are used to when we play in Reliant Stadium, but she did say that they were checking into it to see what needs to be done now.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
NDNS81 said:
I would really like to know the answer to the question about raising funds for the trip to the Alamodome - can we do it as private citizens and donate the money to the school to be disignated for this trip? If so, I say we have a link sale every weekend until then!!! Or something every weekend, until we have enough, it is not just travel and lodging that has to be paid for, there is our portion of the use of the stadium and from what Dr. Randall said, it is different than what we are used to when we play in Reliant Stadium, but she did say that they were checking into it to see what needs to be done now.
HUH ? What does this post have to do with the playoffs ? or are you talking about the Kick Off Classis in San Antonio next year ?

pngfan66

500+ Posts
PNG1992 said:
Current standings with enrollment ranking to the left:

20-4A

(4) #8 PNG (8-0) (5-0)
(1)#13 Beaumont Central (7-1) (5-0)
(3)Vidor (6-2) (3-2)
(5)Beaumont Ozen (3-5) (2-3)
(2)Nederland (3-5) (2-3)
(8)Lumberton (4-4) (1-4)
(7)LCM (3-5) (1-4)
(6)Livingston (3-5) (1-4)

PNG and Central are both in the playoffs. Central is locked in as a D1 representative and PNG is locked in as a D2 representative, nothing will change that.

There's a lot left to decide the 3rd and 4th spots:
Vidor can lock in a playoff spot with a win Friday night at Nederland but could go D1 or D2 depending on who the 4th playoff team ends up being. If that team is anyone but Nederland the Pirates go as D1.

The Nederland/Vidor contest could go a long way in deciding the last two 20-4A playoff spots. A Vidor win and they're in. A Nederland win coupled with a PNG win over Ozen win helps Nederland. It gives the Dogs a 1 game lead over Ozen which is important with Ozen having the head to head win over Nederland.

If Vidor beats Nederland and PNG beats Ozen it opens the door for a cluster to fill the final spot. We'd have Nederland, Ozen, and the LCM/Lumberton winners all at 2-4 with one week to play. You can also add Livingston to the list at 2-4 if they upset Central. If Nederland and Ozen win we'd have 3 teams (Vidor, Nederland and Ozen) all at 3-3 with only 2 spots available. Also, up to 2 teams would still only be one game back at 2-4.

Its likely going down to the wire in deciding playoff positions in 20-4a.

19-4A

(6)Crosby (6-2) (6-0)
(7)Dayton (6-2) (5-1)
(5)Goose Creek Memorial (6-3) (4-2)
(8)Barbers Hill (4-5) (3-3)
(4)Houston CE King(5-4) (3-3)
(2)Kingwood Park (4-5) (2-4)
(3)Galena Park (1-7) (1-5)
(1)North Forest (0-9) (0-6)

Crosby, Dayton and Goose Creek Memorial have all clinched playoff spots. Barbers Hill fills the last 19-4a playoff position with a win over winless Houston North Forest. CE King needs to upset Dayton and hope for a North Forest upset of Barbers Hill to reach the playoffs.

Dayton is locked in as a D2 representative. Goose Creek Memorial and Crosby are currently D1. IF Barbers Hill wins as expected they'll get in as the #2 D2 rep and Crosby would fill the remaining D1 spot BUT if the upsets occur (highly unlikely) and CE King gets in they'll go D1 and Goose Creek Memorial fall down to D2.

Key games this this week:

Vidor at Nederland (Vidor win and they're in)
Ozen at PNG (important game for the Panthers)
#13 Central at Livingston (Lions loss and they're 100% out)
Lumberton at LCM (loser is 100% out)
Barbers Hill at Houston North Forest (BH win and they're in)
CE King at Dayton (King must win and hope for a miracle from North Forest)

As things currently stand this is your playoff standings and matchups. This could change after tonight and Ill continue to update:

20-4A Division 1:

(1) #13 Beaumont Central (7-1) (5-0)
(2) Vidor (6-2) (3-2)

20-4A Division 2:

(1) #8 PNG (8-0) (5-0)
(2) Ozen (3-5) (2-3)

19-4A Division 1:

(1) Crosby (6-2) (6-0)
(2) Goose Creek Memorial (6-3) (4-2)

19-4A Division 2:

(1) Dayton (6-2) (5-1)
(2) Barbers Hill (4-5) (3-3)

First round as it would be today:

Division 1:

#13 Beaumont Central vs Goose Creek Memorial
Vidor vs Crosby

Division 2:

#8 PNG vs Barbers Hill
Ozen vs Dayton

Sorry if any of this is slightly off, 20-4A is still very up for grabs and confusing at this point.
Who do you play in the Area round after the Bi-District game ? Do you play a different District ?

90NDN

500+ Posts
Assuming we make it out of the 1st two rounds, I believe we will meet Angleton in the Quarterfinals. They will be tough. Right now they are projected to go D2, but could still go D1. I believe they want to go D1 because they feel they can beat Lake Travis. They have a superb running game with a highly touted D1 recruit named Quandre Diggs whose being recruited by several top notch schools including Texas. He already has 3 offers and he's only a junior :eek: That being said, I think our Defense can shut him down. They claim they can pass if needed, but they have yet to do so since noone can stop their running game. For comparison, they beat Texas City 35-20 and I think we beat them 26-20, but that was early in the season for us and we have grown alot since then. I think that game we had a great 1st half and not so much the 2nd half...but doing as good teams do and hold on to win when things aren't going right. We would be the only 2 teams ranked currently (not that it means anything) that would be going D2 and we would both be in the same region...sorta ironic.

NDN79

500+ Posts
One game at a time.Let's take care of our 1st rd. opponent(barbers hill), before we start putting ourselves deeper in the play-offs. That being said, I have complete faith in the Indians and the Coaching staff to take us far in the play-offs. Just 1 step at a time!! :woohoo:

akifan94

500+ Posts
Making our way through the playoffs could set up to be tough.

1st round- Barbers Hill
2nd Round- Brenham (#10)
3rd Round- Angelton (#5)
4th round- Dayton / Houston Yates

No push overs there.

This is the way I see it playing out and could all change depending on how things go in 24-4A. In order for Angleton to go big school LaMarque would have to win out or Friendswood would have to lose out.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
NDN79 said:
One game at a time.Let's take care of our 1st rd. opponent(barbers hill), before we start putting ourselves deeper in the play-offs. That being said, I have complete faith in the Indians and the Coaching staff to take us far in the play-offs. Just 1 step at a time!! :woohoo:

No, lets think about Ozen Friday night, then next week we'll talk about Central. THEN we'll talk about BH....lol

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Ahh, we can talk about whoever we want. It's the coaches and players that have to stay focused on next weeks opponent. Man, this year is fun!

BIG ATT

That's right. We can talk about whatever we want. If I want to get excited and talk about state rankings and state championships, than I will. I don't need someone on here giving me a speech about being focused on the next opponent and taking one game at a time. I am a former player and I am fully aware of what it takes to play. If I want to look several games down the road, than that is what I'm going to do. This is all about having fun!!! Take a chill pill...

indian20106

whys everyone hating on ozen? from what i remember they were the classiest team we played. they didnt talk crap they were polite and real nice. i made friends with a bunch of them after that game and we all hung out at powerlifting meets. if anyone deserves to go in the final two spots im definently hoping for ozen to go.

bandkid

Staff member
I don't hate Ozen. In fact, when we made straight ones at the Region X Marching Contest a few weeks ago, the first band to congratulate us was Ozen's. I just would rather see Nederland make it because they're our friends, family, and neighbors, and there's no bond quite as strong and friendly (and no rivalry quite as fierce :)) as the one the Mid-County communities share.

If Ozen makes it, I'll be fine with that and will wish them the best of luck, but I would prefer Nederland and think that it would be the ultimate comeback story if they made it into the playoffs and went a few rounds deep.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
bandkid said:
I don't hate Ozen. In fact, when we made straight ones at the Region X Marching Contest a few weeks ago, the first band to congratulate us was Ozen's. I just would rather see Nederland make it because they're our friends, family, and neighbors, and there's no bond quite as strong and friendly (and no rivalry quite as fierce :)) as the one the Mid-County communities share.

If Ozen makes it, I'll be fine with that and will wish them the best of luck, but I would prefer Nederland and think that it would be the ultimate comeback story if they made it into the playoffs and went a few rounds deep.
I agree. I want Nederland to win out and go to the playoffs as well. I have alot of friends and family across the tracks.

indian20106

i have family in nederland to.. but really and truly being on the team 06 to 08 we just developed a pure hatred towards the nederland football team as them towards us. the communities great but as an x indian of this generation most players dont want nederland going anywhere.

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
indian20106 said:
i have family in nederland to.. but really and truly being on the team 06 to 08 we just developed a pure hatred towards the nederland football team as them towards us. the communities great but as an x indian of this generation most players dont want nederland going anywhere.

Amen. Go Vidor.

;)

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores